Daily Picture December 21st

Got an issue with someone or something? Want to whine a little? Here's the place to do it, or to get to know folks, or ask those questions that don't fit anywhere else.
Brock
Forums Old Timer

Daily Picture December 21st

Post by Brock »

Love and tolerance of others is our code. BB 84

...practice these principles in all our affairs. BB 60

Christmas love 21st..jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Good morning, this is your Higher Power speaking. I will not be needing your help today."
Indianapolis
Trusted Servant

Re: Daily Picture December 21st

Post by Indianapolis »

One of my friends in the rooms likes to say "Treat everyone as though they have a broken heart." It's good advice, and I like this reminder that it's particularly true this week. Even during a week of merriment, there's going to be extra stress in the air too. Kindness is always a good choice.

Thanks, nice reminder.
PaigeB
Forums Old Timer

Post by PaigeB »

When I first got sober - and even now sometimes - I have to remember that we learn in AA what we need to do outside of AA. Unconditional Love.

Once when I was driving to a meeting I had a car in front of me that seemed to be changing lanes right along with me and going SLOW! They got off at my exit and I almost had to honk when they got the green light. I got an inspirational thought that I better be nice because "what if they are from AA & going to the same meeting?!?" (This my EGO at work, but it works for me sometimes!). Well, turns out I was right! He pulled in to park right in front of me and took the good spot! I drove a few extra car lengths to park and missed them going in, but here was this guy in the meeting freaking out cause his kid went to jail or something. It may or may not have been the same guy who went slow to the meeting, but I learned that day that I needed to be nice to ALL people - just as if they might run into me later - in a place where I usually tried to actively practice the principles. :shock: :wink:

It is really not that hard to be nice to folks. Even when I am in a crappy mood at home I can smile at the clerk in the store because I KNOW I have NO IDEA what is going on in someone else's life. In fact, I SHOULD practice it MORE at home! BB pages 66 & 67
In that state, the wrong-doing of others, fancied or real, had power to actually kill. How could we escape? We saw that these resentments must be Mastered, but how? We could not wish them away any more than alcohol.

This was our course: We realized that the people who wronged us were perhaps spiritually sick. Though we did not like their symptoms and the way these disturbed us, they, like ourselves, were sick too. We asked God to help us show them the same tolerance, pity, and patience that we would cheerfully grant a sick friend. When a person offended we said to ourselves, "This is a sick man. How can I be helpful to him? God save me from being angry. Thy will be done."
Cling to the thought that, in God's hands, the dark past is the greatest possession you have - the key to life and happiness for others. With it you can avert death and misery for them. page 124 BB
Buckeye1988
Forums Enthusiast

Post by Buckeye1988 »

I really don't feel like it's my job to go around being nice and trying to make other people happy.

For me just to stop hurting others is being helpful enough.