Day one

All visitors are invited to "sign" the guest book.
HotWIcheese
Forums Newcomer

Day one

Post by HotWIcheese »

Today is day one after a long bender. I am tired of feeling like crap everyday and being embarrassed. Haven't been a big meeting person but I know if i am going to make this work i need to have some sort of support system. I am trying out campral as well, hopefully I have the urge less. Anyway, hello everyone and today is a new day.
Brock
Forums Old Timer

Re: Day one

Post by Brock »

Welcome here.

We all have day one after long benders and I have had many, made many promises, and tried many solutions. It took a lot of punishment to have me finally surrendering and doing what AA asked, and I figured that they didn’t ask that I warm a seat in meetings for the rest of my life, that’s not mentioned in the big book at all. Yes at first some support is important, but that support better be also pointing to the scrolls with the steps on the meeting wall and saying do that!

Like you I was not a big meeting person, and only because I finally met a fellow who looked to be enjoying life and who only came to one meeting a week, did I find the real answer, he said do the steps then meetings are optional, amen. The support shifts from human beings to something spiritual, and nobody is going to tell anybody else what spiritual path they have to follow, it comes from the steps, as it says in the 12th step ‘having had a spiritual awaking as a result of these steps,’ not as a result of sitting in meetings and drinking coffee.

I found listening to AA speakers on youtube helpful, someone said to type in ‘AA Chris R,’ and there I found this fellow who was straightforward and had a message which saved my backside.

I wish you all the best and please ask any questions if you have them, folks here enjoy answering.
"Good morning, this is your Higher Power speaking. I will not be needing your help today."
positrac
Forums Old Timer

Post by positrac »

Hello,
I made promises and would get on the wagon and then figure I was cured and only to find I would let my best intents and would be drunk again trying to figure out how this could of happened again.

I hope you will work this simple program as you can do it and if the right people are in your life then the might be able to be support for those times when your mind try's to take over!
Work hard, stay positive, and get up early. It's the best part of the day.
George Allen, Sr.
Mike O
Forums Old Timer

Post by Mike O »

Welcome.
A support system is great. But, the 12 steps are what got me sober and have kept me happily so for 13 years now 😁😁👍
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Post by PaigeB »

Wisconsin? Here's a link to resources and meeting in your state:
https://www.aa.org/pages/en_US/find-aa-resources
Cling to the thought that, in God's hands, the dark past is the greatest possession you have - the key to life and happiness for others. With it you can avert death and misery for them. page 124 BB
Roo1234
Forums Newcomer

Post by Roo1234 »

HotWIcheese wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:51 pm Today is day one after a long bender. I am tired of feeling like crap everyday and being embarrassed. Haven't been a big meeting person but I know if i am going to make this work i need to have some sort of support system. I am trying out campral as well, hopefully I have the urge less. Anyway, hello everyone and today is a new day.
MyNameIsBetsy
Trusted Servant

Post by MyNameIsBetsy »

Hello Roo1234, good to have you here with us. Tell us a little about yourself so we might get to know you.

We're all sober alcoholics here. We know what it is like to have those "moments" where we absolutely know we are killing ourselves with the booze. And we know what it is like to put down that booze and get sober.

Betsy
an alcoholic
"Rarely have we seen a person fail who has thoroughly followed our path."
stevieD
Forums Newcomer

Post by stevieD »

Does anyone know any great interactive AA websites where you can contact people solo and through the group?
Thomramzes
Forums Newcomer

Post by Thomramzes »

You are very cool