power greater than me

For recovery discussion
Layne
Forums Old Timer

power greater than me

Post by Layne »

I was getting my morning coffee and saw a tee-niny hummingbird at the feeder outside the kitchen window. Every fall, they solo migrate 4,000 miles to Central America. In the spring, they return to the very spot where they were hatched. Why do humans have trouble traveling 5 miles without a GPS? Makes working to improve my conscious contact with a power greater than myself seem to be a good idea. :~)
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Re: power greater than me

Post by PaigeB »

I often find comforting messages from my HP in witnessing Nature.

I was fretting about money and on a drive to "lend" some, when I saw a line of 3 or 4 deer walking a fence-line. The lead deer was watchful of the path and, without looking, knew that a young one stopped to grab a mouth of grass and the lead deer paused every so slightly before returning to the pace.

I instantly knew that I needed to use the AA's Tradition 1 to keep the Unity of my nuclear family safe. That I would not always be right about what was right, but I would be led by a Power Greater and we would not starve.

I know that at the time, I thought it was weird that I could see that in the field even though it was dark outside... yeah, I thought there was a spot of moonlight in the right place at the right time.

I had already said I would make the loan, though I now reconsidered it, I got the feeling that I needed to fulfill that promise for the sake of integrity, but in the future I could act differently and have more faith while doing the "right thing". I did not need to please others, I needed to care for family first.
Cling to the thought that, in God's hands, the dark past is the greatest possession you have - the key to life and happiness for others. With it you can avert death and misery for them. page 124 BB