A 12 Pack - Wow

A.A. Birthdays!
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

A 12 Pack - Wow

Post by PaigeB »

Today is my acknowledgement of 12 Years continuous sobriety. I celebrate tomorrow with my Homegroup.

I have been through many trials (literal and figurative) in my 12 years. Each time I heard in the rooms or from a sponsor that maybe I needed to have a Higher Power that could handle such things... "Is you HP big enough to take this for you? Will you allow it?" I think each time my HP had to Grow a little bit ~ so basically, I have been through many iterations of a Higher Power. Some are seemingly inconsistent with the others, yet they all worked to keep me sober.

But this is an ACTION Program. I have always been going to meetings and working in my Big Book - both the Basic Text (up to page 164) and the surrounding information and stories. My favorites are those I used in the first days... Spiritual Experience in the Appendix, "this is the 1st Step in recovery" on page 30, "Love and Tolerance of others is our Code" on page 84 and then page 87 where we "Pause when agitated." These are tools I used when I was Atheist and still use as a believer of sorts.

Nothing is off limits as long as I am clinging to the "flimsy reed" and "mining for Gold" so that I can give it away. Therefore, Service to others has ALWAYS been a huge piece of what I need to think about and DO.

I hope you all can find what I have found and that you keep going! :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: 8)
Cling to the thought that, in God's hands, the dark past is the greatest possession you have - the key to life and happiness for others. With it you can avert death and misery for them. page 124 BB
Layne
Forums Old Timer

Re: A 12 Pack - Wow

Post by Layne »

Paige, congrats on the 12 Pack!!! That is awesome!

I can relate to the "many iterations of a Higher Power" as my awareness and understanding of my higher power is constantly evolving, as am I, due to the growth characteristic inherent in a journey on a recovery path.

I didn't know squat when I started on this journey. I know less than squat today!. But I am good with that...because more will be revealed.
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, in the expert's there are few. Shunryu Suzuki

Amen big time to this:
Therefore, Service to others has ALWAYS been a huge piece of what I need to think about and DO.
Service gets me out of me, which is where I find recovery. I certainly don't find it in me. It seems kinda contradictory that to find the answer I have to turn inward, but when I do the answer is to turn outward! Think of others...what a concept!

Thanks for sharing Paige. Got my day off on the right foot.
MyNameIsBetsy
Trusted Servant

Post by MyNameIsBetsy »

Yay Paige!!! Congratulations on an even dozen.
hugs, Betsy
"Rarely have we seen a person fail who has thoroughly followed our path."
Strue
Forums Enthusiast

Post by Strue »

Congrats Paige 8)
ann2
Forums Old Timer

Post by ann2 »

Big huge congrats Paige with hugs and love!
E9A8FE77-4665-4453-BA9B-C46278E809B3.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"If I don't take twenty walks, Billy Beane send me to Mexico" -- Miguel Tejada
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Post by PaigeB »

Thanks everyone!!

As I said my "celebration" continues tonight at my Homegroup. Funny thing? It won't be all about Me - it will be a normal meeting where my sponsor gets up and says a few words about me me, people clap and then we have a normal meeting. We have a green thumb gal and she may or may not bring flowers in an old pickle jar. There may or may not be a card that goes around - sometimes there is but I don't count on it. That is fine because I can get a big head over this time of the year... I think I did it and I and willing to tell you ALLLL about it!

=biggrin :lol: :wink: =smile =surprised :shock: 8) :lol: :wink: :mrgreen:
Cling to the thought that, in God's hands, the dark past is the greatest possession you have - the key to life and happiness for others. With it you can avert death and misery for them. page 124 BB
D'oh
Forums Old Timer

Post by D'oh »

Way to go on 12 Paige!
positrac
Forums Old Timer

Post by positrac »

Paige,
Well done on the dozen! I had to quit listening so much and imagining what other people were experiencing with the good times inside of the life of sobriety. The comparison of your might not be like mine when I got to that point in sobriety! Key is working it and coming back and the rest will follow so to speak.

You are proof sobriety works for anyone questioning if they actually will fit in! Be well and enjoy Paige it is an honor to know you and know you keep walking the walk with regards to this life we have chosen.

Cheers!!!
Work hard, stay positive, and get up early. It's the best part of the day.
George Allen, Sr.
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Post by PaigeB »

Thanks! And CHEERS! I really do want to go where everybody knows my name!

BTW: It's not "A shot & a Bud Light" it is "Paige, alcoholic." :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bars only knew my name when I wrote a bad check. :wink:
Theo50
Forums Contributor

Post by Theo50 »

Congratulations PaigeB!
Layne
Forums Old Timer

Post by Layne »

PaigeB wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:14 am Bars only knew my name when I wrote a bad check. :wink:
WOW, are there really bars that take checks??? They obviously don't know who they are dealing with. Talk about denial! :lol:
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Post by PaigeB »

Layne wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:45 am
PaigeB wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:14 am Bars only knew my name when I wrote a bad check. :wink:
WOW, are there really bars that take checks??? They obviously don't know who they are dealing with. Talk about denial! :lol:
I would leave a signed blank check when I walked in. One time, a bar 86'd me & cleared my tab. They gave me back my blank check and told me to never come back. LOL - of course I went back about 6 months later and we all resumed the stance. The owner was himself quite a drinker and "forgot" things that happened late at night. He KNEW, but he choose to forget.
Layne
Forums Old Timer

Post by Layne »

PaigeB wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:10 am One time, a bar 86'd me & cleared my tab. They gave me back my blank check and told me to never come back. LOL - of course I went back about 6 months later and we all resumed the stance.
Yeah know that one well. We all knew that "never come back" only meant until the next time! =biggrin
Molgzonor
Forums Enthusiast

Post by Molgzonor »

Congradulations Paige!