Greetings from Colorado

All visitors are invited to "sign" the guest book.
nightshift117
Forums Newcomer

Greetings from Colorado

Post by nightshift117 »

Hello everyone!!

My name is George B. and I have been sober since 07072014. I was researching alternatives to AA for a coworker when I found this group. Super excited to meet new folks who carry the message.
Brock
Forums Old Timer

Re: Greetings from Colorado

Post by Brock »

Welcome here George, sorry it took quite a while before your first post was approved.

Yes just like any AA group, (and e-AA is a registered AA group), we do enjoy carrying the message as best we can, and also we are open to discussing all sorts of alcoholism-related topics.
"Good morning, this is your Higher Power speaking. I will not be needing your help today."
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Post by PaigeB »

nightshift117 wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:15 am Hello everyone!!

My name is George B. and I have been sober since 07072014. I was researching alternatives to AA for a coworker when I found this group. Super excited to meet new folks who carry the message.
Hi there Nightshift! I like the name. My hubby works the overnight shift. This sorta kept me being a nightshift person even in retirement! I am always up late at night and rise when most folks are taking their first coffee break.

Glad you found us in the great world wide web of things!
Cling to the thought that, in God's hands, the dark past is the greatest possession you have - the key to life and happiness for others. With it you can avert death and misery for them. page 124 BB
cpr123
Forums Enthusiast

Post by cpr123 »

I too work night shift. Right now I'm being quarantined. Step son has been tested covid positive. I have used this forum on and off since I got sober.

I really like this group of alcoholics. I'm convinced I would have drank again if it were not for them. At the time I needed someone to talk with and due to the schedule I could not make regular meetings as often as I wanted to. I guess there are zoom meetings now, but I will always be thankful to this board and its members.

Y'all helped me through one of the most challenging time of my life. Newly sober, getting a divorce from a active user, worried about loosing custody of my girls and everything else that could go wrong in a divorce. Broke. Being robbed blind while no one was home. Every time I came home something was missing. Youngest daughter diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. I had to learn how to treat her illness, she was 9 and we figured it out. I was only able to stay sober because of a power greater than myself and y'all showed me how.

I guess nobody comes into AA with their S*** together. I should really keep in touch.

Thanks,
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Post by PaigeB »

cpr123 wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:49 am I too work night shift. Right now I'm being quarantined. Step son has been tested covid positive. I have used this forum on and off since I got sober.

I really like this group of alcoholics. I'm convinced I would have drank again if it were not for them. At the time I needed someone to talk with and due to the schedule I could not make regular meetings as often as I wanted to. I guess there are zoom meetings now, but I will always be thankful to this board and its members.

Y'all helped me through one of the most challenging time of my life. Newly sober, getting a divorce from a active user, worried about loosing custody of my girls and everything else that could go wrong in a divorce. Broke. Being robbed blind while no one was home. Every time I came home something was missing. Youngest daughter diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. I had to learn how to treat her illness, she was 9 and we figured it out. I was only able to stay sober because of a power greater than myself and y'all showed me how.

I guess nobody comes into AA with their S*** together. I should really keep in touch.

Thanks,
Glad we have been able to be there for ya! This Forum was a life-saver for me too. I came to read and write on the Daily Reflections. I needed a way to make "conscious contact" with My Spirit - regularly. I stuck around to make sure they got posted daily and then other forms of service and well, you get the picture. It has been a part of my daily life ever since that first day.

BTW - The E-AA Group is actively seeking folks willing to do service here. It sure helped me stay in daily contact! :wink:
https://www.e-aa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=27497
Cling to the thought that, in God's hands, the dark past is the greatest possession you have - the key to life and happiness for others. With it you can avert death and misery for them. page 124 BB