Military Requirement

Got an issue with someone or something? Want to whine a little? Here's the place to do it, or to get to know folks, or ask those questions that don't fit anywhere else.
Bub32
Forums Enthusiast

Re: Military Requirement

Post by Bub32 »

Am I Sober? Sure am.

Have I Had Any Exposure to Alcohol Today? How did I handle the exposure? Nope.

Did I Have Any Thoughts or Cravings? Nope.

Am I Homicidal or Suicidal? Never.

Daily or Weekly Events: Lots of sun, yard work and swimming. Haha, I'm tired already and am ready to go bed!
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Post by PaigeB »

Bub32 wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:05 pm I know that you are doing your best Paige. I haven't experienced memory loss with any of my family members, so I have little guidance to offer based on experience. At least you have a guide that has carried you far. You'll continue to get through this and I'm sure that you'll find some clever ways to make this move work out. I wish you the best.
Thanks Bub! I have been blessed with courage and grace that I did not know I had... Or is it a Gift? It does not matter, I am grateful for it!
Cling to the thought that, in God's hands, the dark past is the greatest possession you have - the key to life and happiness for others. With it you can avert death and misery for them. page 124 BB
Bub32
Forums Enthusiast

Post by Bub32 »

Am I Sober? I sure am.

Have I Had Any Exposure to Alcohol Today? How did I handle the exposure? None.

Daily or Weekly Events: I've just been busy as heck and I feel bad for not checking in, but everything is alright! It's been a great summer with the family so far and work has been quite busy as well.

All is good here and I hope the same for everyone!
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Post by PaigeB »

Good to hear Bub!
Cling to the thought that, in God's hands, the dark past is the greatest possession you have - the key to life and happiness for others. With it you can avert death and misery for them. page 124 BB
Bub32
Forums Enthusiast

Post by Bub32 »

Thanks Paige. I hope that you are doing great too.

Am I Sober? Yes.

Have I Had Any Exposure to Alcohol Today? How did I handle the exposure? None.

Daily or Weekly Events: It was a long weekend, but it was a good one with the family. Hah, I'm sure that I'll be passing out shortly as I finally get a tiny bit of time to relax.
Bub32
Forums Enthusiast

Post by Bub32 »

Man, it's been a while! I apologize for not checking in! For the past few weeks I have been reconnecting with some old friends, talking to another who is a drug and alcohol counselor and renewing my vows with my wife. It's been busy but I've had a lot of conversations about my sobriety and it feels great to be where I'm at. I'm also proud to share my experiences with others and I know that I can keep it up!

Am I Sober? Sure am!

Have I Had Any Exposure to Alcohol Today? How did I handle the exposure? Nope.

Daily or Weekly Events: I'll be mentoring some young leaders this week and I get to travel to Arizona! It's going to be a busy few weeks, but I love it.
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Post by PaigeB »

BUB!!! Good to see you! Glad things are going well... Sounds like maybe you have found some AA to immerse yourself in? At least, you are helping others. That is KEY. Altruism. In AA if you can find it, but in Life. Altruism brings us into alignment with the Sunlight of the Spirit.

"Good on ya" Friend!
Bub32
Forums Enthusiast

Post by Bub32 »

Thanks Paige. I happened to see a buddy last night that I hadn't seen since 2017. He was a mess and an alcoholic to boot. He has found sobriety, stability and has become really spiritual. It was great to catch up and share our stories.

Am I Sober? Yes.

Have I Had Any Exposure to Alcohol Today? How did I handle the exposure? Not today but plants of exposure in the past two weeks. It's wasn't an issue at all.

Daily or Weekly Events: My wife and I get a day-date tomorrow and I can't wait. On Tuesday, it's back to the office for a bunch of administrative work.
Bub32
Forums Enthusiast

Post by Bub32 »

Am I Sober? Sure Am!

Have I Had Any Exposure to Alcohol Today? How did I handle the exposure? Nope. No issues.

Did I Have Any Thoughts or Cravings? None.

Am I Homicidal or Suicidal? Never

Daily or Weekly Events: Work and my son's birthday. He's got a week full of fun ahead of him and we'll be busy as always. I've been pretty quiet lately but I have gone back to school and that has taken a lot of work. I'll be excited for the semester to be over. I'm doing well and in leiu of posting in here, I've still been reconnecting with some old friends and talking about my alcoholism with others. I often am in situations to where I can evaluate how I would have been had I been drinking, and I feel great knowing that I'm not. It's been pretty easy but I'll be keeping my guard up.
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Post by PaigeB »

Bub32 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:45 am Daily or Weekly Events: Work and my son's birthday. He's got a week full of fun ahead of him and we'll be busy as always. I've been pretty quiet lately but I have gone back to school and that has taken a lot of work. I'll be excited for the semester to be over. I'm doing well and in leiu of posting in here, I've still been reconnecting with some old friends and talking about my alcoholism with others. I often am in situations to where I can evaluate how I would have been had I been drinking, and I feel great knowing that I'm not. It's been pretty easy but I'll be keeping my guard up.
HI BUB! Good to see you as usual!

Do you have a sponsor with whom you are working the Steps? I would LOVE to hear about your "experience strength and hope" with regards to your AA work!
pagenotes
Forums Newcomer

Post by pagenotes »

Thanks for your post, Bub32. I admire the way you relate to your nonalcoholic wife. :wink:
Bub32
Forums Enthusiast

Post by Bub32 »

Thanks pagenotes and PaigeB, no, I do not have a sponsor.

Am I Sober? Yes.

Have I Had Any Exposure to Alcohol Today? How did I handle the exposure? I had plenty of exposure walking around the Renaissance Faire. I had no issues.

Daily or Weekly Events: we hit up the Renaissance Faire and had a blast. The next week will be busy as heck with 2 papers being die for school and Drill! It'll be a long week but I'll be ready for it!