Can’t be honest to my sponser

Most of us who recovered with AA's program did so with the help of a "sponsor". But what is sponsorship? How do I get one? Who can be a sponsor? What makes a good sponsor?
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Re: Can’t be honest to my sponser

Post by PaigeB »

Very cool! I am so glad that you and I are on this path together! And that we got to meet at the International Conference in Atlanta! :-) I was so nervous!
Cling to the thought that, in God's hands, the dark past is the greatest possession you have - the key to life and happiness for others. With it you can avert death and misery for them. page 124 BB
innermost
Forums Enthusiast

Re: Can’t be honest to my sponser

Post by innermost »

Anniej, Welcome.
Congrats on your sobriety.
As alcoholics we love to find or create reasons to drink.
Drinking is our natural state until we can find another, hopefully Spiritual state.
Which we call Spiritual experiences, as a result of the steps.
I personally don't see a problem with multiple sponsors or people that you work with.
Each relationship being unique.Open and Honest with each one.
Whenever I need to get off the phone, I say something like "I appreciate talking with you, I gotta go, GOOD-bye."
I had several sponsors that served different roles in my sobriety.

So far a human being is willing to spend time talking with you and you want to fire her?
Please, because of 6 pages a week and a daily phone call ?
Please don't make mountains out of mole hills. You read 6 pages and talk with someone and it has gotten you to this point in sobriety.
This very thing, this little human contact maybe the spark that ignites your sobriety.
If you need other help find someone and work with them. There does not have to be a severing or ill will to another.
Especially this early in your sobriety.
This official sponsorship, hiring and firing can get crazy and unhealthy.
My opinion is only a suggestion to consider.
Another perspective.
The first 164 pg. is the program!