Retread No One Wants to Touch

Most of us who recovered with AA's program did so with the help of a "sponsor". But what is sponsorship? How do I get one? Who can be a sponsor? What makes a good sponsor?
Brock
Trusted Servant

Re: Retread No One Wants to Touch

Post by Brock »

I too am very pleased at the progress made, but it’s a good thread which will help others it would be a pity to delete it. I think folks reading will see it as a former retread now finding their way, and be encouraged by it.
"Good morning, this is your Higher Power speaking. I will not be needing your help today."
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Post by PaigeB »

waller_alkie wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:23 pm Oh yes - I was so on a pity pot. You are right. Should I delete the thread?
Naw - it's a good one! I think it will attract the attention of the people who feel that way and need to see that "This too shall pass" :wink:
Cling to the thought that, in God's hands, the dark past is the greatest possession you have - the key to life and happiness for others. With it you can avert death and misery for them. page 124 BB
innermost
Forums Enthusiast

Post by innermost »

waller_alkie wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:23 pm Oh yes - I was so on a pity pot. You are right. Should I delete the thread?
It is an excellent thread, no need to delete it.
An inability to stay sober is just a part of our dilemma
and nobody should have to carry a label of retread.

I would bet that 99% of sober alcoholics did not quit
drinking on their first attempt.
I really don't like the fact that AA members were unwilling
to work with you,the way you describe.
The first 164 pg. is the program!