Sponsorship in relation to a BB Workshop

Most of us who recovered with AA's program did so with the help of a "sponsor". But what is sponsorship? How do I get one? Who can be a sponsor? What makes a good sponsor?
Layne
Forums Old Timer

Re: Sponsorship in relation to a BB Workshop

Post by Layne »

"Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves." —Carl Jung
D'oh
Forums Old Timer

Post by D'oh »

rjr34036 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:56 pm
I love the idea of a commitment group, and a collective journey thru the steps. I can only imagine the camaraderie and experiences had from that sort of thing! I’ll let you all know how it goes! Thank you again ❤️
I have been through many. They are All Enlightening! And very Fellowship Growing.

I have a copy of the Commitment, and Agenda if anyone is interested.
rjr34036
Forums Enthusiast

Post by rjr34036 »

D'oh wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:07 am
rjr34036 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:56 pm
I love the idea of a commitment group, and a collective journey thru the steps. I can only imagine the camaraderie and experiences had from that sort of thing! I’ll let you all know how it goes! Thank you again ❤️
I have been through many. They are All Enlightening! And very Fellowship Growing.

I have a copy of the Commitment, and Agenda if anyone is interested.
Please send!
ReAnneR
D'oh
Forums Old Timer

Post by D'oh »

See if this works.

Nope File Too large.

I can email anyone interest. just pm me your address
retired baker
Forums Enthusiast

Post by retired baker »

Like it or not , the fact is, many open discussion meetings are a place to practice and talk about abstinence management techniques.
Its kinda like the AA waiting room.
Attendees are not ready yet to see the Great Physician but are afraid to go back out in the parking lot.
I only went looking for a stronger message when the pain of where I was overcame the resistance of what I didn't want to do.
rjr34036
Forums Enthusiast

Post by rjr34036 »

retired baker wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:26 pm Like it or not , the fact is, many open discussion meetings are a place to practice and talk about abstinence management techniques.
Its kinda like the AA waiting room.
Attendees are not ready yet to see the Great Physician but are afraid to go back out in the parking lot.
I only went looking for a stronger message when the pain of where I was overcame the resistance of what I didn't want to do.
Lol I like that waiting room analogy! The good thing is that there are so many groups I can find one that better suits me. I say you either find the fellowship you crave, or create it lol can’t always create, but there’s always a way to find one!
ReAnneR
retired baker
Forums Enthusiast

Post by retired baker »

Page 164, God will show us how to create the fellowship we crave.

Page 162 "every alcoholic who journeys will find a Fellowship of Alcoholics Anonymous at his destination."

I notice it doesn't say I will find the fellowship I like.