20years

A.A. Birthdays!
Popeysgirl
Forums Newcomer

20years

Post by Popeysgirl »

As of 23.50 last night (UK) 20years since I put my last glass down only went in for lent. My daughter is the only one left in my life from before aa . Single rose sitting on dresser she put it there when she popped round this morning. Try to pay it forward every day

Brock
Forums Old Timer

Re: 20years

Post by Brock »

Welcome to e-AA Popeysgirl.

That’s a lovely story about someone joining for lent, then staying for twenty years, what a wonderful program we have, thanks for sharing it.
"Good morning, this is your Higher Power speaking. I will not be needing your help today."

PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Post by PaigeB »

So touching that rose on the dresser!

I came in for my liver enzymes. I meant to stay only 90 days until I was retested. I only told my husband, who has his own heart breaking story about his brother's alcoholism, and he did not hold out much hope. 90 Days later, my liver came back clean as a whistle. My doctor was amazed that after all the drinking I did (of course I did not tell her the truth about how much I drank) that my healing was so complete.

90 days. I had to decide what to do... I decided to give the Steps a try and see what happened. I can tell you what happened ~ I had “the personality change sufficient to bring about recovery.” (page 567). "Sometimes quickly sometimes slowly... always materialize if we work for them." (page 84).

I have continued to grow and change since August 1, 2009 because I haven't found it necessary to take a drink.

Congrats on your Wonder Filled Day. :D :) =surprised =biggrin :shock: :roll: :o =smile :cry: =geek =confused :wink: :D :mrgreen: :)
Cling to the thought that, in God's hands, the dark past is the greatest possession you have - the key to life and happiness for others. With it you can avert death and misery for them. page 124 BB

MyNameIsBetsy
Forums Enthusiast

Post by MyNameIsBetsy »

Congrats on your 20 years away from a drink. And, welcome to e-AA.
"Rarely have we seen a person fail who has thoroughly followed our path."

Indianapolis
Forums Enthusiast

Post by Indianapolis »

PaigeB wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:19 pm
90 Days later, my liver came back clean as a whistle. My doctor was amazed that after all the drinking I did (of course I did not tell her the truth about how much I drank) that my healing was so complete.
I have a similar story, involving similar lies to my doctor. Its gotta be unbelievably hard for the medical community to get any decent info regarding X amount of alcohol doing Y amount of liver damage, as were all lying to them at the time were tested. Lol. Ugh.

Jojo2
Trusted Servant

Post by Jojo2 »

Popeysgirl wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:02 am
As of 23.50 last night (UK) 20years since I put my last glass down only went in for lent. My daughter is the only one left in my life from before aa . Single rose sitting on dresser she put it there when she popped round this morning. Try to pay it forward every day
Welcome ! Glad you are here. I like the positivity of paying it forward and now prefer that approach to Lent.
Congratulations to you and to AA.

Layne
Forums Old Timer

Post by Layne »

Congrats on the 20 years, the single rose, and the paying it forward attitude. Sharing those helps me. When my journey started, I didn't really want to stop drinking. I just wanted to stop all the crap that was happening in my life. AA showed me that all that crap was related to my drinking and that recovery was the solution. Go figure!!! I am with you on the paying it forward mentality. I couldn't have gotten to today without the help of others and the 12 steps!