Young lady asked to chair meeting, what to make of it?

Got an issue with someone or something? Want to whine a little? Here's the place to do it, or to get to know folks, or ask those questions that don't fit anywhere else.
Annette222
Forums Enthusiast

Re: Young lady asked to chair meeting, what to make of it?

Post by Annette222 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:49 pm

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Smiley's aren't that hard :D

Noels

Post by Noels » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:05 am

:lol: naaaah doll. This is how my " smiley " comes out. I don't know if it looks like a smiley at all on your side but this side its dots with lol and dots again. Hehehehe dragging it doesn't work either. Maybe you should give me a " crash course " on how to get smileys to co-operate. hehehehehe
Anycase .... how you doing? did you manage to get to a meeting or still thinking about it?
Lovis Noels

Noels

Post by Noels » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:25 pm

Hahaha haha aaaaaah :D it actually worked :lol:

Annette222
Forums Enthusiast

Post by Annette222 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:03 pm

:lol: Glad you have it figured out now. Believe me, I'm not "tech savvy", I am just familiar with the forum format. Learn something new everyday, right?

Nope, no AA meetings due to work schedule and, well, still talking myself into it again. Yes, I know, an excuse. I'm working on it, I swear. I definitely will go to my counseling appt on Thurs. I know I will get "Expletive at" by her (as in, yeah you know you are stupid), but I think I need some to say to my face that I'm a flipping idiot (probably harsher words) but that I can start again from the beginning.

But, again, I'm sorry for hijacking this and thank you for caring about me and what is going on with me.

Noels

Post by Noels » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:24 pm

Hi Annette :) no need to apologise. :) you're doing well just by chatting . Just let us know what is happening with you now and then please doll. You'll know when the time is right and you'll take the next step and you need not be afraid cause well all be here to help if you want us to be. I remember with myself - i woke up on the 1st of September last year with a helluva babalas, nauseous, hands shaking, overwhelmed with guilt and feeling like crap and I was just lying in bed 'looking ' at myself. I've run out of excuses and finally had to face the truth. I didn't like who i was anymore so i asked myself ' Is this really who I am? ' is this really who I want to be? ' the answer came back crystal clear - 'no. It's not ' . So I got up and found a meeting for the Saturday. (This was Thursday ). My son and his girlfriend walked through the doors of my first meeting with me. I still don't know if they came with for support or to make sure I go through with my decision but I've never looked back.
I find that the 'indecisiveness ' with any problem or decision i am experiencing is what eats me . Once I made a decision on what I'm going to do about a problem I take action and wallah! ! I carry on with my life. And if I find I made a decision I don't like I simply change my choice.
So you'lldo what is best for you at this moment. Just know that we are always here for you.
So don't be a '007' undercover agent k. :D keep us informed .
Mwah xxx Love and light
Noels

Jaywalker Steve
Forums Long Timer

Post by Jaywalker Steve » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:55 pm

She has a right to say no and he has a right to deal (or not deal) with it however he sees fit.
Every group has men and women who put too much thought and effort into their daily sobriety and not enough of themselves into their daily living. - Ed B., Akron, OH

Noels

Post by Noels » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:52 am

Huh? Sorry Jaywalker you lost me. Please give some more detail. hehehehe I am unfortunately " blonde " :lol:
love and light
Noels

Layne
Forums Old Timer

Post by Layne » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:19 am

I am fairly certain that his response was directed at the original post and topic.

Brock
Trusted Servant

Post by Brock » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:24 am

She has a right to say no and he has a right to deal (or not deal) with it however he sees fit.
Yes it was based on this from the original post -
A young lady who is about 6 weeks into sobriety was asked to chair a meeting (next week's) today by another gentleman after the meeting...
And yes she has a right to say no, and as a six week old newcomer she said this -
...she responded to the man "thank you so much for asking, but I just do not feel ready or comfortable yet to chair a meeting".
So he did this -
He rather abruptly "snapped" at her that "you don't say no to AA".
Then this happened -
She looked very visibly upset and excused herself and left.
And a woman in the room thank God, had the guts to point out that AA is not just about what we have the 'right' to do, but also expects members to possess a little common sense and courtesy, three cheers to her for doing this -
I heard another woman in the room shake her head and say "and we wonder why some newcomers don't come back. Wow".
"Good morning, this is your Higher Power speaking. I will not be needing your help today."