New Years eve

For recovery discussion
positrac
Forums Old Timer

New Years eve

Post by positrac » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:56 am

Hey all I've been out of pocket for a while and yet time has flown by with many new challenges and opportunities. I was able to acknowledge 26 years of constant sobriety on 1 November 2015 (1989) and I was able to reflect the changes and growth no matter how slow they take on my behalf.

I was never good at holiday's as I felt like the square peg in the round hole and so I just retracted because people always made me nervous and even at AA parties it was only so much I could try and do before I felt unstable and slide on out to leave. It wasn't that I wanted to drink as much as the drink help me cope with the uneasy feeling of people in general and allowed me to forget the issues I feared.

So tonight I hope you all have fun and enjoy the gathering of friends, family and AA kinship and I wish you all a better 2016 in all that life throws our way.

Cheers.
Work hard, stay positive, and get up early. It's the best part of the day.
George Allen, Sr.

clouds
Forums Long Timer

Re: New Years eve

Post by clouds » Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:09 am

Happy New Year to everyone!
" Burn the idea into the consciousness of every man that he can get well regardless of anyone. The only condition is that he trust in God and clean house." page 98 A.A.

Niagara
Forums Old Timer

Post by Niagara » Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:29 pm

Happy new years!. May 2016 be all all of you hope for x
If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month -
Theodore Roosevelt

PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Post by PaigeB » Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:41 pm

I'll be watching something other than the ball drop, curled up in a blankie, having fudge and a cup of Decaf coffee!

Peace and Love to all this New Year!

Namaste!
Step 6 is "AA's way of stating, the best possible attitude one can take in order to make a beginning on this lifetime job... with most of them we shall have to be content with patient improvement." 12&12 Step Six, p.65

whipping post
Forums Contributor

Post by whipping post » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:16 am

Happy New Year Positrac. Good to see you again.

positrac
Forums Old Timer

Post by positrac » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:43 pm

PaigeB wrote:I'll be watching something other than the ball drop, curled up in a blankie, having fudge and a cup of Decaf coffee!

Peace and Love to all this New Year!

Namaste!
Not glue lot... :mrgreen: but I fell asleep watching hill street blues and so I survived another year.
Work hard, stay positive, and get up early. It's the best part of the day.
George Allen, Sr.