1 year today

A.A. Birthdays!
Niagara
Forums Old Timer

1 year today

Post by Niagara »

Do I get my first shoes yet? :lol:

What a Year. Ups, downs, highs and lows, and just ok's. I love the just ok's. I never had those before in my life. Just to feel ok in my own skin...what a gift.

I was at my home group last night. So many nice things were said that I got all choked up. Couldn't have done any of it without you guys on here, because this is where I started, barely off the drink, everything so horribly out of control.

Grateful to all the people I met along the way....especially my sponsor who took me out of that meeting when I was so desperately low, and set me on my feet again. He loved me enough to tell me the truth :)

Thanks for the fellowship all x
If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month -
Theodore Roosevelt

desypete
Forums Contributor

Re: 1 year today

Post by desypete »

well done on your first year.

ann2
Forums Old Timer

Post by ann2 »

YEA!!!!!

Congratulations!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

So happy :)
"If I don't take twenty walks, Billy Beane send me to Mexico" -- Miguel Tejada

Duke
Forums Old Timer

Post by Duke »

Niagara, your growth and friendship on these forums has meant a lot to me. Please don't ever wonder if your efforts are worth it. They are. Congratulations.
"If you are humble nothing will touch you, neither praise nor disgrace, because you know what you are.", Mother Teresa

whipping post
Forums Contributor

Post by whipping post »

Nice! Here's to many, many more!

avaneesh912
Forums Old Timer

Post by avaneesh912 »

I love the just ok's.
Thats a great adjustments we all go through. That tells me we are not selfish and self-centered anymore. Great job on the anniversary Niagara. People like you keep me inspired.
Show him the mental twist which leads to the first drink of a spree. We suggest you do this as we have done it in the chapter on alcoholism.(Alcoholics Anonymous, Page 92)

Brock
Forums Old Timer

Post by Brock »

Well done Niagara happy anniversary to you, it’s been inspirational following your journey on these forums.
"Good morning, this is your Higher Power speaking. I will not be needing your help today."

Unicorn
Forums Enthusiast

Post by Unicorn »

Happy Anniversary Niagara :D :D :D . You are an inspiration. Thank you for your friendship.

Tosh
Forums Old Timer

Post by Tosh »

Wow, well done, Niagra; amazing stuff. :D
Come, come, whoever you are. Wanderer, worshiper, lover of leaving. It doesn't matter. Ours is not a caravan of despair. Come, even if you have broken your vows a thousand times. Come, yet again, come, come.” Rumi (No sniggering from the sex addicts)

Reborn
Forums Long Timer

Post by Reborn »

Happy...Happy...Happy birthday...thank you for all you do!!! :D :D :D
We have recovered, and have been given the power to help others. BB pg 132

Lali
Forums Old Timer

Post by Lali »

Wooo hooo! Awesome!!

So happy for you, Niagra!
Step 1: I can't
Step 2: He can
Step 3: I think I'll let him

Spirit Flower
Forums Old Timer

Post by Spirit Flower »

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!
...a score card reading zero...

PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Post by PaigeB »

New shoes? Here ya go, "Our next function is to grow in understanding and effectiveness" Page 84.

Sorry you have to work for that pair!

Love love love you! keep doing what you and a little more. Never forget that last drink. We'll be here!
Cling to the thought that, in God's hands, the dark past is the greatest possession you have - the key to life and happiness for others. With it you can avert death and misery for them. page 124 BB

Niagara
Forums Old Timer

Post by Niagara »

PaigeB wrote:New shoes? Here ya go, "Our next function is to grow in understanding and effectiveness" Page 84.

Sorry you have to work for that pair!

Love love love you! keep doing what you and a little more. Never forget that last drink. We'll be here!

You mean I don't get this for free? Well, that sucks :lol: (just kidding, I never valued anything I got for nothing)

Thanks all x
If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month -
Theodore Roosevelt

Tosh
Forums Old Timer

Post by Tosh »

My homegroup and I celebrated my 1st birthday 3 months early.

That's how cool I am.

I lied about my sobriety date. Eventually I 'fessed up though. Mrs Tosh said "When everyone was giving you cards and cake and telling you how wonderful you are, I bet you felt a right tit!" :lol:

Well done, Niagra.
Come, come, whoever you are. Wanderer, worshiper, lover of leaving. It doesn't matter. Ours is not a caravan of despair. Come, even if you have broken your vows a thousand times. Come, yet again, come, come.” Rumi (No sniggering from the sex addicts)