Testimony to e-aa

For recovery discussion
catcar
Forums Enthusiast

Testimony to e-aa

Post by catcar »

I just wanted to take a moment to say how much e-aa has meant to my recovery. I was scared to go to a meeting in person but knew that I needed to stop living the misery that I was living. Coming to e-aa made it possible for me to open up about my drinking and get advise on going to a live meeting. I do not think that I would have ever shown up at an in person meeting if it was not for the people on this site that reached out to me in the beginning. Another thing that e-aa has done for me is given me an outlet in the middle of the night when I did not want to call another alcoholic. Some of my hardest times are after 10pm and I do not think that my local friends would always appreciate me reaching out that late. Even if I do not get a response right away on the e-aa boards, I have the chance to get my issue out of my head and that helps so much. Connecting to a HP is very hard in the beginning and just knowing that I let go of whatever issue I was having by sharing it has been a huge help. Thank you for having this forum available!
Last edited by catcar on Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Duke
Forums Old Timer

Re: Testimony to e-aa

Post by Duke »

I'm glad you're with us catcar. Thanks for sharing that.
"If you are humble nothing will touch you, neither praise nor disgrace, because you know what you are.", Mother Teresa

Spirit Flower
Forums Old Timer

Post by Spirit Flower »

:D
...a score card reading zero...

Niagara
Forums Old Timer

Post by Niagara »

Thanks Catcar, great to see you :)
If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month -
Theodore Roosevelt

Tosh
Forums Old Timer

Post by Tosh »

I've enjoyed following your posts, Catcar, since I remember when you first tipped up. I'm sure if we could've seen you, you would've looked like the proverbial 'rabbit in the headlights'.

I also like the honesty you've showed in your struggles in (not with) sobriety and in applying the program to your life. I very much relate to that.

Thanks
Come, come, whoever you are. Wanderer, worshiper, lover of leaving. It doesn't matter. Ours is not a caravan of despair. Come, even if you have broken your vows a thousand times. Come, yet again, come, come.” Rumi (No sniggering from the sex addicts)