Post by flashback72 » Tue May 17, 2011 6:03 pm

ahhhh! Just smoke a fatty and relax (cigar that is ) :lol:

Marc L
Forums Old Timer

Re: Thoughts on the "Carpet Slipper" guy from Ch. 3

Post by Marc L » Wed May 18, 2011 3:54 am

flashback72 wrote:ahhhh! Just smoke a fatty and relax (cigar that is ) :lol:
Yeah Man!
Smoke'm if you got'em. Do the SmokeScreenThing to prevent those 'Chronic Slippers' from being a bad influence on needy newcomers. Somebody's got to keep an eye on them kids. :lol:

Marc
Recovery won't just happen by Osmosis. You gonna' have to work at it some.
12th Step work ain't just a job... It's an Adventure.

avaneesh912
Forums Old Timer

Post by avaneesh912 » Thu May 19, 2011 4:29 am

you only live once
Are you sure? What if eastern scriptures are right? That we go thru several cycles of birth and death? We die and take birth because the "inner self" is still hankering for some material things? In our case more booze? Here is paragraph from "Power of Now" where it talks about conscious death/death with obsessed mind:

Apart from dreamless sleep, which I mentioned already, there is one other involuntary portal. It opens up briefly at the time of physical death. Even if you have missed all the other opportunities for spiritual realization during your lifetime, one last portal will open up for you immediately after the body has died.
There are countless accounts by people who had a visual impression of this portal as radiant light and then returned from what is commonly known as a near-death experience. Many of them also spoke of a sense of blissful serenity and deep peace. In the Tibetan Book of the Dead, it is described as "the luminous splendor of the col-orless light of Emptiness," which it says is "your own true self." This portal opens up only very briefly, and unless you have already encountered the dimension of the Unmanifested in your lifetime, you will likely miss it. Most people carry too much residual resistance, too much fear, too much attachment to sensory experience, too much identification with the manifested world. So they see the portal, turn away in fear, and then lose consciousness. Most of what happens after that is involuntary and automatic. Eventually, there will be another round of birth and death. Their presence wasn't strong enough yet for conscious immortality.
Show him the mental twist which leads to the first drink of a spree. We suggest you do this as we have done it in the chapter on alcoholism.(Alcoholics Anonymous, Page 92)

Joe H
Forums Long Timer

Post by Joe H » Thu May 19, 2011 11:47 am

What if eastern scriptures are right? That we go thru several cycles of birth and death? We die and take birth because the "inner self" is still hankering for some material things? In our case more booze? Here is paragraph from "Power of Now" where it talks about conscious death/death with obsessed mind:

Thankfully we do not have to find the answer as to who is right and who is not, this is all an outside issue.

Marc L
Forums Old Timer

Re: Who/What/When/Where/Why

Post by Marc L » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:24 am

MarcLacroix wrote:I woke up this morning and asked myself. Is it me or is it AA's problem?
For these questions we must go to any lengths to find answers...
Uncovering root causes required I make use of this handy dandy device( The Time Machine)
Low and behold I found this: http://www.e-aa.org/forum/viewtopic.php ... 7000#p7000

Edit by moderator: the link was erroneously removed and was later restored.
Linky no worky...
Ok, who broke it just to make me look bad. :D
And what happened to the 'Step One Study' thread. Did it fall off the truck somewhere between bixbycreek and bravehost?

Marc
Recovery won't just happen by Osmosis. You gonna' have to work at it some.
12th Step work ain't just a job... It's an Adventure.