I am back - still sober

For recovery discussion
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

I am back - still sober

Post by PaigeB »

HI HI! Sorry to be MIA, but there was an "act of god" that kept me away! We were hit by a "derecho" - basically a land hurricane. No power for 9 days and no internet for 14-15 it has been spotty since it came on yesterday.

I am well. We were seriously on limited resources but I used the program to stay sober thru it all. It has been quite a ride... I learned to Do one thing and do it slowly! LMAO - but seriously. I keep thinking that god didn't have to send a pandemic AND extreme weather to get me to SLOW DOWN - but that is what happened! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cling to the thought that, in God's hands, the dark past is the greatest possession you have - the key to life and happiness for others. With it you can avert death and misery for them. page 124 BB

D'oh
Forums Old Timer

Re: I am back - still sober

Post by D'oh »

Glad that you are Ok Paige. Yes, an interesting year for a Drunk to wrap their heads around.

I get weekends away from everything, sometimes weeks, on phone, tv, internet it's actually good getting back to the BB.

MyNameIsBetsy
Trusted Servant

Post by MyNameIsBetsy »

Paige, Glad you are okay. Been quite the year, huh?!!

Betsy, an alcoholic
"Rarely have we seen a person fail who has thoroughly followed our path."

PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Post by PaigeB »

Yes - quite a year. My home group has been meeting in person, outside at a nearby park and socially distanced, every Monday. Except the Monday the storm happened. Now it is getting dark and the parks are still closed so no lights at the pavilion. I am not sure the church will be open anytime soon. Also,I heard Iowa's Covid cases exploded overnight... likely due to the disaster 2 weeks ago.

So I think I feel a bit like a soldier who went overseas during war - as far as access to AA. I am afraid I love my people too much. There is a chemistry when "two or more gather"... Now I see the Gulf hurricane has devastated another US community.

Covid - Racial unrest - Extreme weather... and election year politics. It is exhausting. :|

Will AA survive? Of course it will!! I will too - but I think I may be a little worse for the wear. :? :? :shock:
Cling to the thought that, in God's hands, the dark past is the greatest possession you have - the key to life and happiness for others. With it you can avert death and misery for them. page 124 BB

positrac
Forums Old Timer

Post by positrac »

Hey Paige,
Glad you survived the act of Mother Nature!!! Hopefully as life is getting back to so called normal I hope that damage is limited.
Work hard, stay positive, and get up early. It's the best part of the day.
George Allen, Sr.

PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Post by PaigeB »

positrac wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:08 pm
Hey Paige,
Glad you survived the act of Mother Nature!!! Hopefully as life is getting back to so called normal I hope that damage is limited.
Damage at my home was limited. My insurance co was quick to come by and quick to process the claims. Normal is not "normal" anymore... but hey? I have a set of principles to live by these days and things are "easier"... another word that is subject to change definition in 2020. :|
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Spirit Flower
Forums Old Timer

Post by Spirit Flower »

Good to hear from you Paige.
...a score card reading zero...

positrac
Forums Old Timer

Post by positrac »

peace of mind is a good thing.
Work hard, stay positive, and get up early. It's the best part of the day.
George Allen, Sr.