Oooops!I imagine most if not all the other patrons are consuming alcohol at the bar as well.
I had to be careful about using my imagination for a bit... Especially when I am imagining ANYTHING about ALCOHOL. I do not think like normal people when it comes to the drink. Taking your image of all the happy drinkers there on Thursday night...
* Several are there that are going to be late & smelling of booze for family time tonight & are confused.
* There has to be a few people who said they'd have just one and now ordering #4, they are banging their fist on the bar asking how they could have screwed up again.
* Probably LOTS of people who are not drinking at all for medical reasons or as the DD for the night.
* Thursday night football ~ it might even be ME sitting there!
* And people like you, who you don't know yet, that are thinking they are the only one not drinking. Pray for THAT one ok?
We laugh a lot at things that normal people find tragic. We obsess over who left a half a glassful on the counter. We have drinking dreams that disturb us greatly that most people would never do more than shake their head at. It simply CANNOT STATISTICALLY be possible that you are the only one who is NOT drinking at a sports bar on Thursday night.