miracles

For recovery discussion

miracles

Postby Layne » Wed May 30, 2018 5:37 pm

At a meeting today, the topic was miracles. On my ride home I had plenty of time to reflect upon the topic, the shares, and the lessons provided.

Looking at my past history, it is a miracle that I am sober today. Looking at my past history, it is a miracle that I am awake without a drink in my hand " because I only drank when awake :~)". Looking at my past history, it is a miracle that I can now sleep through the night without waking up to pound a few drinks because my body is screaming for alcohol before I can go back to "sleep".

Are these miracles? On page 83-84 of the big book, promises are clearly laid out, so what can be so surprising. To me, seeing the promises come true along with all the other rewards of sobriety, is still nothing short of a miracle. When I cut the chains that bound me to my past history and became open to suggestions, miracles started. I claim no credit for the miracles, but I do take full responsibility for their continued maintenance; and to me that is the biggest miracle of all.
Layne
Forums Old Timer

Re: miracles

Postby Greywolf » Thu May 31, 2018 1:00 am

Don't know if it's a miracle or not but I could be arrested 7 days a week for committing an unnatural act -- just staying sober.
I don't care how much you know until I know how much you care.
Greywolf
Forums Enthusiast

Re: miracles

Postby PaigeB » Thu May 31, 2018 12:06 pm

Yes miracles.

Yesterday I was a homicidal maniac... not the first time lol. But yesterday I sought help - lots of help. I did a 10th Step with my buddy, spent a couple hours going over the story with my Alanon friend and set a time to meet my sponsor today. I have never killed anyone and yesterday was no exception! But the pain of that kind of anger used to DRIVE me to all sorts of things including random bar fights and jail stays. My brain was like 50 cars at the Indy 500!

But yesterday I sought help. That is a small "m" ~ miracle.
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Forums Old Timer

Return to Discussions