All Quiet On The Western Front

For recovery discussion

All Quiet On The Western Front

Postby Brock » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:12 am

Sometimes, like what has happened over the past few days, our forums get very quiet. Then we tend to have a busy period followed by another lull.

Any newcomers or old-timers who may be reading here, please keep in mind that we welcome posts with questions or comments on anything alcohol related, and in our forums we have sections such as ‘But We Aren’t a Glum Lot,’ and ‘If It Doesn’t Fit Anywhere Else,’ where we can post on other subjects.

We have far more ‘readers’ than we do ‘posters,’ so any tips on sobriety reach a fairly wide audience, and the answers to any questions asked may help other readers.
"Good morning, this is your Higher Power speaking. I will not be needing your help today."
Brock
Forums Coordinator

Re: All Quiet On The Western Front

Postby 1Peter5:10 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:19 am

Thank you Brock.

In real life it is my habit to talk too much. So
I've been deliberately listening/reading more and talking/posting less.

Hence my relative silence here.

I'm not sure if my 'talkativity' is related to my alcoholism but it just seems like working on it is the right thing to do. :-)
1Peter5:10
Forums Enthusiast

Postby positrac » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:28 am

Ah I am the babbling fool at times and you know when more readers than posters it kind of gets stale and the need for fresh perspectives would be a positive point. Just saying =biggrin
Work hard, stay positive, and get up early. It's the best part of the day.
George Allen, Sr.
positrac
Trusted Servant

Postby Shoreline » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:23 pm

Just a suggestion, I think it would be helpful if members with long term sobriety posted their stories, this would be very helpful to read.
Shoreline
Forums Enthusiast

Postby Brock » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:44 pm

Thank you shoreline. There is a section in e-AA where quite a few members have posted their stories, it can be found here -
http://www.e-aa.org/group_stories.php

Also if anyone wishes to post their own story, this link goes to an email via which we can do that -

lit2008@e-aameetings.org

It might be an idea to insert a story from that section here on the forums from time to time, especially when things get slow.
"Good morning, this is your Higher Power speaking. I will not be needing your help today."
Brock
Forums Coordinator

Postby Rooster » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:59 am

Thank you for posting your encouragement Brock.

To any newly sober readers out there I’d like to say that this online community has been a powerful resource for me over the past few weeks and can really help get a person from one meeting to the next or help to answer questions that you may not feel comfortable asking in-person.
Rooster
Forums Enthusiast

Postby PaigeB » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:32 am

Rooster wrote:Thank you for posting your encouragement Brock.

To any newly sober readers out there I’d like to say that this online community has been a powerful resource for me over the past few weeks and can really help get a person from one meeting to the next or help to answer questions that you may not feel comfortable asking in-person.

I feel the same way... and I haven't missed very many days posting here since I found E-AA either! See my post count? LOL... my mother says I talk too much lol - but since my HP seems to leave that defect in place, I might as well use it here!
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Forums Old Timer

Postby positrac » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:38 am

PaigeB wrote:
Rooster wrote:Thank you for posting your encouragement Brock.

I feel the same way... and I haven't missed very many days posting here since I found E-AA either! See my post count? LOL... my mother says I talk too much lol - but since my HP seems to leave that defect in place, I might as well use it here!

Paige, I think your mother is jealous because she can't keep up and so she says you talk too much..... :roll: On a serious note if it keeps us coming back and we can learn something that is truly positive then this site has provided some good information for those still suffering from alcohol and or people working to stay sober and maintaining that quality of life.
Work hard, stay positive, and get up early. It's the best part of the day.
George Allen, Sr.
positrac
Trusted Servant

Return to Discussions