Just need somewhere

For recovery discussion
TryingToStayHopeful
Forums Newcomer

Just need somewhere

Post by TryingToStayHopeful » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:20 am

My life is falling apart I just need somewhere to vent my frustrations, please do not delete this thread on me.

Brock
Forums Coordinator

Re: Just need somewhere

Post by Brock » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:12 am

Welcome to e-AA and please have no fear, if you have problems related to alcohol and members here can help in any way they will be happy to do so, part of our program is based on helping others to help ourselves. I have moved your post to the discussions area where it may be more prominent, if you feel up to it perhaps you will give a little more detail of what is troubling you, or just vent your frustrations which may help.
"Good morning, this is your Higher Power speaking. I will not be needing your help today."

TryingToStayHopeful
Forums Newcomer

Post by TryingToStayHopeful » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:37 am

Thank you Brock

Niagara
Forums Old Timer

Post by Niagara » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:28 am

Hi and welcome

My life was falling apart too when I came in to AA. Couldn't stop drinking, then when I managed that, I found I couldn't STAY stopped. Everything was on top of me, alright. I was scared of everything, and didn't know how to remedy any of that.

I found my solution here :)

Be good to read more of you

Niagara
If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month -
Theodore Roosevelt

Duke
Forums Old Timer

Post by Duke » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:37 am

You are welcome here. I hope you stay around long enough to be able to drop the "trying" part from your user name. :wink:
"If you are humble nothing will touch you, neither praise nor disgrace, because you know what you are.", Mother Teresa

clouds
Forums Long Timer

Post by clouds » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:40 am

Welcome Tryingtostayhopeful.

Hope is born from following the AA 12 steps for recovery. Doing the steps to the best of your ability, your life will get better and you will find sobriety. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking.
If you know you are powerless over alcohol, you can begin the steps immediately.

I don't know if you are able to get to meetings. You can call the AA central office and they will find someone to call you and either meet you at a meeting or get you to a meeting where you can meet others who are also working this program for sobriety. Try to read the book 'Alcoholics Anonymous'. There is a readable copy on line, but its always nice to have your own book to study the steps from.

e-AA has been very good support and help to me. Glad you found us!
" Burn the idea into the consciousness of every man that he can get well regardless of anyone. The only condition is that he trust in God and clean house." page 98 A.A.

Reborn
Forums Long Timer

Post by Reborn » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:06 am

No one on this forum is going to delete a call for help from someone. Why don't you tell us a little about what you're going through? I would eco what clouds said...read the book Alcoholics Anonymous...that is how I made my beginning and ultimately diagnosed myself an alcoholic. Welcome to e-aa I'm glad you are here...let us know if we can help you.
We have recovered, and have been given the power to help others. BB pg 132

Larryp713
Forums Contributor

Post by Larryp713 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:35 am

Welcome and I hope you find not only a place to vent your frustrations, but also a place to receive hope and inspiration. My favorite place to vent frustrations was a bar. When I come to visit these forums, I find people who have suffered as I have and are willing to share their solution. What a wonderful gift that is. I hope you find what you are looking for here. Larry
Trudging the Road of Happy Destiny!!!