FB Connections

For recovery discussion
catcar
Forums Enthusiast

Re: FB Connections

Post by catcar »

Stepchild wrote:
catcar wrote: I am a bit stuck with my step work. I am fighting with finishing 4th step and it is bringing me down. I do not know why I have such a big block with moving FW with it. I just feel stuck. Thanks all for you input on the other stuff
I once heard something that made good sense to me....If you are struggling with a step...Go back and take a good look at the step before it. Is your work solid there? Are you working your fourth step with the help of a sponsor catcar?....Someone that has done these steps? That's important. I set an hour a day aside where I could have quiet and I wouldn't be interupted....And I prayed for willingness and honesty...And I wrote.....And I prayed.....It's a big part of step four. They mention in the directions for step four on page 68...

For we are now on a different basis; the basis of trusting and relying upon God. We trust infinite God rather than our finite selves.

There must be something to that. Ask for help.
Going back over first three steps again before I continue to finish my 4th. Good advise. Thanks!

catcar
Forums Enthusiast

Post by catcar »

Lali wrote:Catcar, I noticed that you have been stuck on step 4 for about 6 weeks now. It really shouldn't take that long. Some members arrange a date for sharing their 4th to sort of give themselves a push. You have read about step 4 in the big book haven't you?
I am setting a date with my sponsor so I am forced to finish this. We agreed to meet on this after the holidays and then I was in the hospital, my son was in the hospital and my MIL died so everything got put on hold for a while. I am feeling the stress of not moving on and we are back on track now. Thank you for the push also. Sometimes I need to have a fire lit.

Lali
Forums Old Timer

Post by Lali »

I'm sorry for your troubles! but awesome that you have gotten back to your step 4!
Step 1: I can't
Step 2: He can
Step 3: I think I'll let him

catcar
Forums Enthusiast

Post by catcar »

Lali wrote:I'm sorry for your troubles! but awesome that you have gotten back to your step 4!
Thank you. AA helped me get through a rough patch but I am feeling uneasy being in a holding period and I am excited to get on with my steps now. I know that it is going to help me even though it will be challenging