34 years

A.A. Birthdays!
Spirit Flower
Forums Old Timer

34 years

Post by Spirit Flower » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:15 pm

The glass door had a circle and triangle symbol with AA in the middle. This was the place. I opened the door. I stood at the top of a set of stairs leading down to a basement. Looking down, all I could see was a barf colored shag rug... I went down anyway.

And found the most wonderful fellowship. Yes, a fellowship. A fellowship where you don't have to be a nice church lady and you can say f**k if you need to. They laugh at their misfortunes, jail sentences and car wrecks. They tell about how by some miracle they didn't go to jail. Or they did go to jail and that also was a miracle.

Today, I ran 15 miles and then went to a meeting. There is a young guy with a little over 60 days trying to stay off drugs. He is doing real well. I think of him as one of my puppies. 60 year olds are allowed to think that. I talked to him after the meeting. I'm really proud of him. He is working on his 4th step with his sponsor.

I love AA. I've had a sober adult life. What a great gift. Thank you Parkhill AA, Bay Area Club and any other AA hall I've ever been to.
...a score card reading zero...

ebear
Forums Enthusiast

Re: 34 years

Post by ebear » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:25 am

Congratulations on 34 years, Spirit Flower, and thank you for the inspiring words!
If you don't change direction, you'll end up where you're headed.

PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Post by PaigeB » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:30 am

Fantastic story Spirit! Love you! Congrats & many more!
Cling to the thought that, in God's hands, the dark past is the greatest possession you have - the key to life and happiness for others. With it you can avert death and misery for them. page 124 BB

Spirit Flower
Forums Old Timer

Post by Spirit Flower » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:20 pm

Thanks ebear and Paige
...a score card reading zero...