Please come to my party

A.A. Birthdays!
ann2
Forums Old Timer

Please come to my party

Post by ann2 »

tårta.jpg
I made a cake!

I am 29 years sober today and so grateful to have made it this far. Certainly not possible without all of you.

If you weren't here, things would be very very different. That's the success story I celebrate -- you!
"If I don't take twenty walks, Billy Beane send me to Mexico" -- Miguel Tejada

Robert R
Forums Contributor

Re: Please come to my party

Post by Robert R »

(((((((((HUGS)))))))))
Don't know exactly where I am going but I'm on my way and it's already much better than where I've been.

PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Post by PaigeB »

How wonderful! 29 YEARS! Wow. We are the lucky ones. We are all miracles.

I hope that you meet many on the journey to help the way you helped me!

Bless you Ann! And pass me a fork!
Cling to the thought that, in God's hands, the dark past is the greatest possession you have - the key to life and happiness for others. With it you can avert death and misery for them. page 124 BB

Tosh
Forums Old Timer

Post by Tosh »

Happy birthday, Ann, I hope you had a great day.

Tosh.x
Come, come, whoever you are. Wanderer, worshiper, lover of leaving. It doesn't matter. Ours is not a caravan of despair. Come, even if you have broken your vows a thousand times. Come, yet again, come, come.” Rumi (No sniggering from the sex addicts)

Brock
Forums Old Timer

Post by Brock »

Well done, congratulations.
"Good morning, this is your Higher Power speaking. I will not be needing your help today."

whipping post
Forums Contributor

Post by whipping post »

Awesome and very inspirational Ann! Have a great birthday!!

Duke
Forums Old Timer

Post by Duke »

Happy birthday Ann. I value your friendship and guidance. You're a powerfully steady hand.
"If you are humble nothing will touch you, neither praise nor disgrace, because you know what you are.", Mother Teresa

Hanna
Forums Long Timer

Post by Hanna »

Congratulations Ann!!!!
You getting and staying sober has enabled you to help so many more people, I know cause I'm one of the people you helped. I am sober 3.5 years and you are a very important part of that, I can't thank you enough for helping me get sober, life is good now!
Hanna
Ann I thought of you when I read this,
A hopeless chronic relapsing alcoholic addict had fallen into a hole and could not find a way out.
Friends and family heard the alcoholic addict crying out for help in a sincere and despairing appeal, "I cannot go on like this! I have everything to live for! I must stop, but I cannot! You must help me!" So they offered the addict "frothy emotional appeals," bailed the addict out of trouble and gave the addict a ladder to climb out of the hole with, but the chronic relapser sold it to finance the next spree only to realize afterwards that the hole was now deeper than ever!
A doctor who was walking by heard the alcoholic addict crying out for help, stopping the doctor said, "Here, take these pills, it will relieve your pain." The doctor offered the addict methadone, suboxene, and a whole plethora of anti-depressants. The alcoholic addict took the pills and said thanks, but when the prescription ran out the pills ran out and the pain came back and the addict realized that he was still stuck in the hole.
A religious person happened to be strolling by and hearing the addict calling out for help stopped and gave the addict scripture, replying, read this scripture while I say a prayer for you." The addict read the scripture while the religious person prayed, but it the help was all faith and no works and the addict realized he was still stuck in the hole.
A renowned psychiatrist walked by and heard the addict pleading for help. He stopped and said, "How did you find yourself in that hole? Were you born there? Are your parents to blame? Tell me about yourself and your life in that hole, it will alleviate your sense of loneliness." So the addict talked with the psychiatrist for approximately an hour, then the psychiatrist said he had to leave, but he would come back next week. The addict thanked the psychiatrist for his time even though he was still stuck in his hole.

Ann and Hanna
    Finally a 'recovered' alcoholic addict happened to be passing by and heard the poor man's cries for help. Right away, the recovered alcoholic addict jumped into the hole with him. The suffering alcoholic addict said, "Why did you do that? Now we're both stuck here in this god forsaken hole!" But the recovered alcoholic addict said with a twinkle in his eye, "It's okay brother, I've been here before; I know the way out!"
    We will comprehend the word serenity and we will know peace

Spirit Flower
    Forums Old Timer

Post by Spirit Flower »

Happy Birthday!!!

And thanks for being here.
    ...a score card reading zero...

tyg
    Forums Contributor

Post by tyg »

★ ☆•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ★ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ★
    ╔╗╔╦══╦═╦═╦╗╔╗ (¯`v´¯)
    ║╚╝║══║═║═║╚╝║ `·.¸.·' ƁȉГƬǶƊÅɣ ƊÅɣ
    ║╔╗║╔╗║╔╣╔╩╗╔╝ ★ ¸.·´¸.·¨) ¸.·¨) ƬȮ ɣȮȔ
    ╚╝╚╩╝╚╩╝╚╝═╚╝ ♥(¸.·´ (¸.·´ (¸.·¨¯`★ ♥♥♥
    ~The secret to the AA program is the first three words on page 112~

clouds
    Forums Long Timer

Post by clouds »

Thank you for inviting us! Yum at the cake, and many congrats on your 29 years of freedom!

<3
    " Burn the idea into the consciousness of every man that he can get well regardless of anyone. The only condition is that he trust in God and clean house." page 98 A.A.

Lali
    Forums Old Timer

Post by Lali »

Happy Birthday, Ann! Your compassion and your ES&H are so needed here!
    Step 1: I can't
    Step 2: He can
    Step 3: I think I'll let him