28 Sep 80_ Thanks

A.A. Birthdays!
Tommy-S
Forums Old Timer

28 Sep 80_ Thanks

Post by Tommy-S » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:38 am

I'm blessed to celebrate 32 years of One Day at a Time Sobriety today, and I thank e-AA for helping me keep stacking up those 24 Hours

I have lived an amazing adventure into the reality of Life without a Drink, something I had failed to believe possible before AA.

Considering the circumstances of my last drink, a liberty call in Barcelona, Spain, where I declined the offer of an AA from my ship to attend a local meeting with him because, "I have AA, I got this God stuff, I'm OK" and then to end up 4 hours later looking at an empty beer that I didn't remember ordering or drinking... Suffering one of those 'Strange Mental Spots' chapter 3 tells us about... All I can say is AA works, IF we are willing to renew that daily decision to 'go to any lengths for Victory over Alcohol'

You folks are a wonderful part of adventure, helping me stay sober, sane, and of service... And I thank you.

As is always the case, when I picked up my 32 year medallion, one of the Crustier, Older AA's shouted the reminder, "The first 32 are the E Z Ones! Now get back to One Day at a Time". :)

So here's to making another 24 hours.... Good things happen to drunks who don't drink, and the Best is yet to come.

Thanks. Tommy
Together, we don't have to cave in or wimp out to that Fatal First One, no matter what today!

Jaywalker Steve
Forums Long Timer

Re: 28 Sep 80_ Thanks

Post by Jaywalker Steve » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:44 am

Rock on and God Bless!
Every group has men and women who put too much thought and effort into their daily sobriety and not enough of themselves into their daily living. - Ed B., Akron, OH

Tom S
Forums Enthusiast

Post by Tom S » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:33 am

That would be a "Well Done, Sailor".
Thank you for including me on your voyage of discovery.
May God's Grace surround you as you meet the Seas ahead.
Tom S.

Squawking Hawk
Forums Old Timer

Post by Squawking Hawk » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:17 pm

Tommy,

Thanks for showing us how it works, 32 years one day at a time.
Ms. Hawk

I will never forget

jakpar
Forums Contributor

Post by jakpar » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:26 pm

congrats tommy,
and thank you for showing us how it's done!
Jack

"We are of service by accepting responsibility for the authority God has given us and by respecting the authority God has given to others"
Anonymous

Duke
Forums Old Timer

Post by Duke » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:17 am

Congratulations Tommy. You're rapidly joining those I refer to as "brother from another mother". Thanks for sharing your experience, strength and hope.
"If you are humble nothing will touch you, neither praise nor disgrace, because you know what you are.", Mother Teresa

Tommy-S
Forums Old Timer

Post by Tommy-S » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:46 am

Thanks, folks

But let's not go too far... I'm still just an arm's length away from that Fatal First One, still just making one day at a time, and still in need of AA's help. I thank you all for being here :)
Together, we don't have to cave in or wimp out to that Fatal First One, no matter what today!

ann2
Forums Old Timer

Post by ann2 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:30 am

Happy happy and thanks Tommy!!

Best wishes for a beautiful day,

Ann
"If I don't take twenty walks, Billy Beane send me to Mexico" -- Miguel Tejada

Tommy-S
Forums Old Timer

Post by Tommy-S » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:53 pm

Thanks, Ann... Love the cake.

May have to steal pic that as my sponsor picks up 41 years the 10th of October... He's been dry so long no one is allow to smoke around him :)