The Big Book is Available Online

The book Alcoholics Anonymous, aka The Big Book, is the basic text for the AA program of sobriety. "Alcoholics Anonymous" Copyright 2012 AAWS, Inc. All Rights, Reserved. Short excerpts used by permission of AAWS

The Big Book is Available Online

Postby Karl R » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:22 am

The book Alcoholics Anonymous, aka The Big Book, is the basic text for the AA program of sobriety.

It is available online at http://www.aa.org/bigbookonline/

It contains the story of how many thousands of men and women have recovered from alcoholism.
Karl R
Forums Old Timer

Re: The Big Book is Available Online

Postby Zena555 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:47 am

I downloaded a section of the book but it is'nt coming up for some reason??Thankyou,Jan
Zena555
Forums Enthusiast

Postby ann2 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:24 am

Hi Jan,

There is an application that needs to be downloaded first for one version of the Big Book online.

There's other versions you can read like a .pdf http://www.aa.org/pages/en_US/alcoholics-anonymous (which seems to work on my phone). Actually I'm seeing that the link Karl supplied above redirects to this link, on my phone at least.

There are HTML versions out there on non-AA sites due to the fact that AA missed getting copyright on some earlier versions. Let me know if you're still having problems via and I'll assist with some links.

Hugs!

Ann
"If I don't take twenty walks, Billy Beane send me to Mexico" -- Miguel Tejada
ann2
Forums Old Timer

Postby Zena555 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:10 pm

That is the one I downloaded Ann but it is,nt showing up for some reason on my blackberry,thx so much,hugs,jan
Zena555
Forums Enthusiast

Postby ann2 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:06 pm

Here's the ebook available for purchase (Kindle, Apple and Nook) for $5.99 http://www.aa.org/pages/en_US/announcin ... ng-program . I'll send you a link to another.

Ann
ann2
Forums Old Timer

Postby Stepchild » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:12 am

I use this site all the time. Great tool...Search by word or phrase feature...Index to text...It's a winner...And no downloading needed. Click on a step and it takes you right to it. Enjoy.

[url deleted per forum policy -- see Links topic in Start Here forum. Pm poster for link.]
Stepchild
Forums Old Timer

Postby Stepchild » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:15 am

Oh...And a copy of the original manuscript...That's a trip.
Stepchild
Forums Old Timer

Postby avaneesh912 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:35 am

I thought e-AA mailed a hard copy for new-comers. Is there a link we are an request one?
Show him, from your own experience, how the peculiar mental condition surrounding that first drink prevents normal functioning of the will power (Alcoholics Anonymous, Page 92)
avaneesh912
Trusted Servant

Postby ann2 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:23 pm

there was a lot of discussion about posting the link here, Nari, since we're world-readable. I'll pm you the link and you are free to pass it on privately.

New to AA and in Need of a Big Book?

Like most A.A. groups, e-AA is eager to assist the newcomer in obtaining the text that explains how to achieve the freedom we have found. If you are unable to get that assistance where you live, you can order it online at The Dallas A.A. Online Bookstore or you can make use of e-AA's complimentary Big Book service for those e-AA members that cannot afford one and want to stop drinking.

Feel free to pm me for more info.

Ann
ann2
Forums Old Timer

Return to Big Book Study