There is A solution

The book Alcoholics Anonymous, aka The Big Book, is the basic text for the AA program of sobriety. "Alcoholics Anonymous" Copyright 2012 AAWS, Inc. All Rights, Reserved. Short excerpts used by permission of AAWS
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Re: There is A solution

Post by PaigeB »

I do understand your fear that one day, for whatever reason, that AA will cease to exist... I wrote this in the DR today:
I do not know where or when I am to be of assistance to the Universe. I do not know whether my contact will be at the jumping off place for another alcoholic who wants to, or is desperate to get sober. Or if it will just be planting a seed or watering a seed planted by another AA contact. I learned to suit up and show up and be willing. Then leave the rest up to Powers Greater than myself.

Responsibility Statement
I am responsible… When anyone, anywhere, reaches out for help, I want the hand of A.A. always to be there. And for that: I am responsible.
Cling to the thought that, in God's hands, the dark past is the greatest possession you have - the key to life and happiness for others. With it you can avert death and misery for them. page 124 BB