Hi I’m Matt and you know why I am here....

All visitors are invited to "sign" the guest book.
Matt D
Forums Newcomer

Hi I’m Matt and you know why I am here....

Post by Matt D » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:44 pm

Hello everyone from Southern Indiana. I came into recovery at the start of the year hitting a meeting every day. Virus came along and my home meeting was cancelled. Long story short, as much as I hate to admit it, I earned my white chip today after a week long bender.

Reminder to those sober for quite a while how I am feeling and why remain sober. I have the shakes, they suck. It’s chilly here but I am sitting here sweating. Think if I stood up I could vomit. My mind feels like mush. Taking everything I have not to head to the liquor store and stop the immediate pain but I understand it’ll just show up again tomorrow.

Grateful to be here among friends. Thank god for all of you in this together. Matt

Jojo2
Trusted Servant

Re: Hi I’m Matt and you know why I am here....

Post by Jojo2 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:48 pm

Matt D wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:44 pm
Hello everyone from Southern Indiana. I came into recovery at the start of the year hitting a meeting every day. Virus came along and my home meeting was cancelled. Long story short, as much as I hate to admit it, I earned my white chip today after a week long bender.

Reminder to those sober for quite a while how I am feeling and why remain sober. I have the shakes, they suck. It’s chilly here but I am sitting here sweating. Think if I stood up I could vomit. My mind feels like mush. Taking everything I have not to head to the liquor store and stop the immediate pain but I understand it’ll just show up again tomorrow.

Grateful to be here among friends. Thank god for all of you in this together. Matt
Welcome Matt

I am many miles from your Country, never mind State, but I am very glad you have joined us.
We're all currently in the same state and here to support each other.
This too will pass ~ and you need never go through this stage or collect another white chip.
Keep drinking fluids... water and gatorade (or whatever you call sweetened lemonade / squashes) as your body will be craving the sugar from alcohol.
Hang in there ~ it's worth it.

MichaelD
Forums Newcomer

Post by MichaelD » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:54 pm

Hey Matt,
I was born in Indiana but now reside in the state of Washington. New sobriety is difficult at times but it is well worth staying sober, working the program (12 steps) and being a member of the fellowship. If you have phone numbers USE THEM. It helps and reaching out is the best thing for trying to stay sober. I have put together enough days sober and have a great program with many friends in AA.
I can’t even begin to explain to you how my life has changed. I have been given so many gifts.... the promises in the Big Book really do come true.
Hang in there and do whatever it takes to stay sober, it is worth it!

MyNameIsBetsy
Forums Enthusiast

Post by MyNameIsBetsy » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:48 pm

Hi Matt, welcome. You are here, you are honest, and you are with other sober alcoholics. All good! Hang in there!

Betsy, an alcoholic
"Rarely have we seen a person fail who has thoroughly followed our path."

Jojo2
Trusted Servant

Post by Jojo2 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:20 pm

Matt D wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:44 pm
Long story short, as much as I hate to admit it, I earned my white chip today after a week long bender.
I have the shakes, they suck. It’s chilly here but I am sitting here sweating. Think if I stood up I could vomit. My mind feels like mush. Taking everything I have not to head to the liquor store and stop the immediate pain but I understand it’ll just show up again tomorrow.

How are you 24 hours later, Matt ? Keep posting.

Neesh R
Forums Newcomer

Post by Neesh R » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:06 pm

Welcome Matt....

Congrats and welcome on your EPIC journey in recovery. Stay strong and remember, this is your journey, not a race. Relax and enjoy.

Regards,

N.R. :D