Looking for a female online/texting possibly, sponsor

All visitors are invited to "sign" the guest book.
tamnikbri
Forums Newcomer

Looking for a female online/texting possibly, sponsor

Post by tamnikbri » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:25 pm

Hello all and God Bless. I am looking for an online/possibly texting female sponsor. I am having some problems with the program lately. If at all possible, around my age mid fifty or up, has children, and has at least 1 year of sobriety under her belt. Please email (sorry for your own privacy & group guidelines the link was removed). Thanks so much and have a blessed day. 😊

Brock
Trusted Servant

Re: Looking for a female online/texting possibly, sponsor

Post by Brock » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:33 pm

Welcome here. We don’t like outside links or email addresses, and had bad experience with these in the past, I will put a link to a section of the group where you should find what you want. Also feel free to contribute on these discussion threads if you wish. http://www.e-aa.org/form_sponsors.php
"Good morning, this is your Higher Power speaking. I will not be needing your help today."

Jojo2
Trusted Servant

Re: Looking for a female online/texting possibly, sponsor

Post by Jojo2 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:54 pm

tamnikbri wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:25 pm
Hello all and God Bless. I am looking for an online/possibly texting female sponsor. I am having some problems with the program lately. If at all possible, around my age mid fifty or up, has children, and has at least 1 year of sobriety under her belt. Thanks so much and have a blessed day.
Welcome to e-AA,

The e-AA group provides a well established temporary sponsor facility, but we do not have the resources to accommodate special requests.

Having said that, I think you will find your requirements are highly likely to be met. We provide essentially an email facility. Any arrangements to use Skype, text, telephone etc are entirely between the individuals concerned where time zones are conducive to such arrangements.

We assign women for women and men for men.

A temporary sponsor is a sober member of Alcoholics Anonymous who is willing to share their experience, strength, and hope with another alcoholic as a way of service to help insure their own sobriety.

Their main function is to help guide the new person towards the 12 Steps, and also, where appropriate, to help guide the new person to face to face meetings and a f2f sponsor in their local AA community.

To request a temporary sponsor to get you started with the AA programme, please complete our form here:

http://www.e-aa.org/form_sponsors.php

An excellent introduction on sponsorship, permanent or temporary, with questions and answers, is this pamphlet
from GSO :

Questions and Answers on Sponsorship:
http://aa.org/pdf/products/p-15_Q&AonSpon.pdf