Baby Alcoholic

All visitors are invited to "sign" the guest book.
LAPB
Forums Newcomer

Baby Alcoholic

Post by LAPB » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:13 pm

That is what my friend calls it.....when one only drinks 4-6 beers daily. Daily for the last 4 years.....

Brock
Trusted Servant

Re: Baby Alcoholic

Post by Brock » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:45 pm

Welcome here LAPD.

Never heard the term ‘baby alcoholic’ before, since most of us here probably drank more than that, I can understand what your friend means by it. But rating an alcoholic is entirely up to the person themselves, and it depends on what happens to you after 4-6, is that your limit and makes you drunk sort of thing, alcoholics generally can’t stop until they are blotto.

Another way our literature suggests we test ourselves is by trying to quit and see how long we last, and whether we feel comfortable without it. I will put up questions that you can check out, and also a link to find meetings if you are interested, nobody will judge you, you are an alcoholic if you say you are. Please feel free to ask any questions or make any comments, we enjoy helping in this way.

Is A.A. For You – 12 Questions.
http://www.aa.org/pages/en_US/is-aa-for ... can-answer

A.A. Meeting Finder.
A.A. Near You.
http://www.aa.org/pages/en_US/find-aa-resources
"Good morning, this is your Higher Power speaking. I will not be needing your help today."

LAPB
Forums Newcomer

Post by LAPB » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:34 pm

@Brock....Thank you

PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Post by PaigeB » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:09 am

BB The Doctor's Opinion, p.xxviii
We believe, and so suggested a few years ago, that the action of alcohol on these chronic alcoholics is a manifestation of an allergy; that the phenomenon of craving is limited to this class and never occurs in the average temperate drinker.
NEVER is a very strong word that is rarely used in our literature. Does your friend know about the "phenomenon of craving"?
Cling to the thought that, in God's hands, the dark past is the greatest possession you have - the key to life and happiness for others. With it you can avert death and misery for them. page 124 BB

Theo50
Forums Enthusiast

Post by Theo50 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:56 pm

LAPB wrote:That is what my friend calls it.....when one only drinks 4-6 beers daily. Daily for the last 4 years.....
I believe it is entirely up to oneself to make a determination if they are an alcoholic or not. For me it was/is a control issue. Alcohol was controlling my life. In many ways it is still controlling my life even thought I no longer consume it.