I'm back to working it.

All visitors are invited to "sign" the guest book.

I'm back to working it.

Postby Shellwantsit2 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:36 am

Hello. Shelly here. I am an alcoholic who definitely needs to be here. I cannot believe that I relapsed and fell back into hell. Love to everyone here. I have should'a, would'a could'a regrets. Scared but more afraid of dying. I am going to go to a meeting today after too many years away, thinking I could do this alone. Love to everyone here- and please pray for me.
Shellwantsit2
Forums Newcomer

Re: I'm back to working it.

Postby Brock » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:10 am

Welcome to e-AA Shelly.

It’s sad to hear when someone relapses, but it helps remind us all of the cunning baffling and powerful nature of alcoholism. The fact that you are going to a meeting is great news, best of luck, and I shall keep you in my prayers.
"Good morning, this is your Higher Power speaking. I will not be needing your help today."
Brock
Forums Coordinator

Postby PaigeB » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:09 am

I was sober for a couple years then back out for 17. It sucks like hell. But I got back into the middle of AA - hung out with the winners and worked the Steps.I just celebrated my 10th Christmas and New Year sober! I did not become the hole in the doughnut! I live a happy productive life today!

I hope you find what I have found - a design for living that works in rough going! BIG BOOK, Chpt. 1, pg 15.

Stay in the Big Book and Keep comin' back!
Step 6 is "AA's way of stating, the best possible attitude one can take in order to make a beginning on this lifetime job... with most of them we shall have to be content with patient improvement." 12&12 Step Six, p.65
PaigeB
Forums Old Timer

Postby JeffS. » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:25 pm

I'll be praying for you, you can do it :)
JeffS.
Forums Enthusiast

Postby ODAAT » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:11 pm

Shell, glad you're back. Let us know How you're doing.
ODAAT
Forums Enthusiast

Postby positrac » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:08 am

Shellwantsit2 wrote:Hello. Shelly here. I am an alcoholic who definitely needs to be here. I cannot believe that I relapsed and fell back into hell. Love to everyone here. I have should'a, would'a could'a regrets. Scared but more afraid of dying. I am going to go to a meeting today after too many years away, thinking I could do this alone. Love to everyone here- and please pray for me.

Relapse is a real bummer and yet many of us had to go backwards before we could go forward. I would suggest not forgetting your last drunk, be honest about your situation and change events that caused your relapse. In short if you are going to a bar to eat dinner every night and you are watch people drink; then that could trigger thoughts..... <------ Example of relapse.

I hope you will find peace this time and find a good sponsor, who also has a active sponsor so you are getting good information. HALT is a key to not relapsing.

H-Hungry
A Angry
L-Lonely
T-Tired
Work hard, stay positive, and get up early. It's the best part of the day.
George Allen, Sr.
positrac
Trusted Servant

Return to Guest Book