I'm back to working it.

All visitors are invited to "sign" the guest book.

I'm back to working it.

Postby Shellwantsit2 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:36 am

Hello. Shelly here. I am an alcoholic who definitely needs to be here. I cannot believe that I relapsed and fell back into hell. Love to everyone here. I have should'a, would'a could'a regrets. Scared but more afraid of dying. I am going to go to a meeting today after too many years away, thinking I could do this alone. Love to everyone here- and please pray for me.
Shellwantsit2
Forums Newcomer

Re: I'm back to working it.

Postby Brock » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:10 am

Welcome to e-AA Shelly.

It’s sad to hear when someone relapses, but it helps remind us all of the cunning baffling and powerful nature of alcoholism. The fact that you are going to a meeting is great news, best of luck, and I shall keep you in my prayers.
"Good morning, this is your Higher Power speaking. I will not be needing your help today."
Brock
Forums Coordinator

Postby PaigeB » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:09 am

I was sober for a couple years then back out for 17. It sucks like hell. But I got back into the middle of AA - hung out with the winners and worked the Steps.I just celebrated my 10th Christmas and New Year sober! I did not become the hole in the doughnut! I live a happy productive life today!

I hope you find what I have found - a design for living that works in rough going! BIG BOOK, Chpt. 1, pg 15.

Stay in the Big Book and Keep comin' back!
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Forums Old Timer

Postby JeffS. » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:25 pm

I'll be praying for you, you can do it :)
JeffS.
Forums Enthusiast

Postby ODAAT » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:11 pm

Shell, glad you're back. Let us know How you're doing.
ODAAT
Forums Enthusiast

Postby positrac » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:08 am

Shellwantsit2 wrote:Hello. Shelly here. I am an alcoholic who definitely needs to be here. I cannot believe that I relapsed and fell back into hell. Love to everyone here. I have should'a, would'a could'a regrets. Scared but more afraid of dying. I am going to go to a meeting today after too many years away, thinking I could do this alone. Love to everyone here- and please pray for me.

Relapse is a real bummer and yet many of us had to go backwards before we could go forward. I would suggest not forgetting your last drunk, be honest about your situation and change events that caused your relapse. In short if you are going to a bar to eat dinner every night and you are watch people drink; then that could trigger thoughts..... <------ Example of relapse.

I hope you will find peace this time and find a good sponsor, who also has a active sponsor so you are getting good information. HALT is a key to not relapsing.

H-Hungry
A Angry
L-Lonely
T-Tired
Work hard, stay positive, and get up early. It's the best part of the day.
George Allen, Sr.
positrac
Trusted Servant

Return to Guest Book