New to the site

All visitors are invited to "sign" the guest book.

New to the site

Postby 337miles » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:14 pm

Hi- I was thrilled to find this source online. While I have been to a few AA meetings over the years, I always had difficulty sharing in groups...which I know is a very important part of AA. I intend on going to some meetings but I think this will be the best way for me to share. I am starting the steps again and feeling positive about the outcome this time. Also, can someone advice me on how I might go about getting a sponsor through the e-AA group? Looking forward to the discussions. Thank you all!

Lee
337miles
Forums Newcomer

Re: New to the site

Postby Jojo2 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:46 pm

Hello Lee

To be assigned a temporary sponsor, please complete the form here:

http://www.e-aa.org/form_sponsors.php

A temporary sponsor is a sober member of Alcoholics Anonymous who is willing to share their experience, strength, and hope with another alcoholic as a way of service to help insure their own sobriety.

Their main function is to help guide the new person towards the 12 Steps, and also, where appropriate, to help guide the new person to face to face meetings and a f2f sponsor in their local AA community.

An excellent introduction on sponsorship, permanent or temporary, with questions and answers, is this pamphlet
from GSO :

Questions and Answers on Sponsorship:
http://aa.org/pdf/products/p-15_Q&AonSpon.pdf
Jojo2
Trusted Servant

Re: New to the site

Postby PaigeB » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:02 pm

Welcome Lee!

Grateful that you found us! I am certain that finding e-aa has saved my sobriety many times over my 9 years! :wink:
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Forums Old Timer

Return to Guest Book