Hi, New member

All visitors are invited to "sign" the guest book.

Hi, New member

Postby jnjsse » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:48 am

Hi,
I'm Jon and a Alcoholic from Winchester UK, first time looking at these forums Been bouncing in&out of the rooms for a while so just about to undertake some step work.
Doing as many meetings as I can along with some other help.
Looking forward to reading some experiences of others in fellowship!
Thanks
Jon
jnjsse
Forums Newcomer

Re: Hi, New member

Postby PaigeB » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:12 am

Welcome Jon! What I like about these Forums is that we are 24 hours a day - just like my drinking! I can change my mind any moment I choose. I can get in the car and go get booze or I can open these Forums and get some AA. This practical action helped me see that AA was available to me anytime - which is good because AA was my HP for multiple years. The Forums helped me change my reliance upon booze to something Great than MeMeMe.

I Hope you get what I got in face to face AA + e-aa = a guide for practical action sobriety and a seed of Hope for this old drunk.
Step 6 is "AA's way of stating, the best possible attitude one can take in order to make a beginning on this lifetime job... with most of them we shall have to be content with patient improvement." 12&12 Step Six, p.65
PaigeB
Forums Old Timer

Postby Spirit Flower » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:46 am

Hi Jon
...a score card reading zero...
Spirit Flower
Forums Old Timer

Postby jnjsse » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:48 pm

PaigeB wrote:Welcome Jon! What I like about these Forums is that we are 24 hours a day - just like my drinking! I can change my mind any moment I choose. I can get in the car and go get booze or I can open these Forums and get some AA. This practical action helped me see that AA was available to me anytime - which is good because AA was my HP for multiple years. The Forums helped me change my reliance upon booze to something Great than MeMeMe.

I Hope you get what I got in face to face AA + e-aa = a guide for practical action sobriety and a seed of Hope for this old drunk.

Thanks, that's one of the things that appeals to me about this forum, i'm surrounded by meetings and groups locally, but if I can't sleep or whatever it's nice to know I can log in,
thanks for your replies
Jon
jnjsse
Forums Newcomer

Postby PaigeB » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:39 am

The Forums can get quiet at times, but you can always look back on older posts too!
Step 6 is "AA's way of stating, the best possible attitude one can take in order to make a beginning on this lifetime job... with most of them we shall have to be content with patient improvement." 12&12 Step Six, p.65
PaigeB
Forums Old Timer

Postby jnjsse » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:36 am

Hi Paige,
Yeah, Notice that there's def a lot to read! I'm in a different timezone to a lot of people too
jnjsse
Forums Newcomer

Postby PaigeB » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:21 pm

Where at? We have folks all over the world here.
PaigeB
Forums Old Timer

Return to Guest Book