AA in Washington D.C. NW

AA is a truly international fellowship of men and women, and e-AA is certainly no exception. Also check http://e-aa.org/links/ for links to AA resources worldwide.

AA in Washington D.C. NW

Postby adelheid333 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:46 am

Hi! I'm from CA and I'll be visiting Washington D.C. NW area and I'm wondering if anyone can direct me to some good meetings. Preferably after 8pm. I will be there Saturday-Thursday. I am a 38 year old female and am newly sober, (5 mos). I have the list of meetings but I'm wondering if anyone can provide insight on which ones might be fun for me to join. Thanks so much for the help!
adelheid333
Forums Newcomer

Re: AA in Washington D.C. NW

Postby PaigeB » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:14 am

DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
Washington, District of Columbia
Washington Area Intergroup Association
Main: (202)966-9115
TDD: (202)966-9782

Site: www.aa-dc.org

Local Area Web site(s) that May Have A.A. Meeting Information
Area 13: District of Columbia
Site: www.area13aa.org

I am confident you will find a good one! I have found meetings away from home are not formatted the way we do, but once I get past that and get to the part of one alcoholic sharing with another - it is all Gold!!
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Forums Old Timer

Re: AA in Washington D.C. NW

Postby positrac » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:46 am

You'll like DC and in NW you are safe and things are available as that is in a tourist area. Go home with good memories of the District and hopefully if you are expressing things......? that it doesn't mess with your sobriety.
Work hard, stay positive, and get up early. It's the best part of the day.
George Allen, Sr.
positrac
Trusted Servant

Return to Globe Trudgers