Daily Picture January 6th

Got an issue with someone or something? Want to whine a little? Here's the place to do it, or to get to know folks, or ask those questions that don't fit anywhere else.
Brock
Trusted Servant

Daily Picture January 6th

Post by Brock »

If you have a resentment you want to be free of, if you will pray for the person or the thing that you resent, you will be free. If you will ask in prayer for everything you want for yourself to be given to them, you will be free...Even when you don't really want it for them, and your prayers are only words and you don't mean it, go ahead and do it anyway. Do it every day for two weeks and you will find you have come to mean it and to want it for them, and you will realize that where you used to feel bitterness and resentment and hatred, you now feel compassionate understanding and love. BB p. 552

Pain 6th.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Good morning, this is your Higher Power speaking. I will not be needing your help today."
DaveP1951
Forums Enthusiast

Re: Daily Picture January 6th

Post by DaveP1951 »

"If they caused you pain they must have pain inside." That is so true. Put another way "Hurt people hurt People."
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Re: Daily Picture January 6th

Post by PaigeB »

Yes. How true is it that the person who is being hurtful must be hurting so much on their insides for them to act this way?

Page 67 of the BB saved my sobriety more than once:
Though we did not like their symptoms and the way these disturbed us, they, like ourselves, were sick too. We asked God to help us show them the same tolerance, pity, and patience that we would cheerfully grant a sick friend. When a person offended we said to ourselves, "This is a sick man. How can I be helpful to him? God save me from being angry. Thy will be done."

We avoid retaliation or argument. We wouldn't treat sick people that way. If we do, we destroy our chance of being helpful. We cannot be helpful to all people, but at least God will show us how to take a kindly and tolerant view of each and every one.
That last paragraph is me - retaliation and argument are my survival specialties! Ahhh, but I am willing to go to any length go stay sober...
Cling to the thought that, in God's hands, the dark past is the greatest possession you have - the key to life and happiness for others. With it you can avert death and misery for them. page 124 BB