curve balls in the game of sobriety.

Got an issue with someone or something? Want to whine a little? Here's the place to do it, or to get to know folks, or ask those questions that don't fit anywhere else.
rolling coal
Forums Newcomer

curve balls in the game of sobriety.

Post by rolling coal » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:41 am

Hello,
I had to register under a new name as I was/am positrac. Had some login issues and so I was locked out and also forgot the email address I had originally registered under many years ago.

I was overseas recently and my time sober has been up and down and with certain challenges and also distractions as to get my urge to drink because I have to be cured by now??? I know I am not cured and I guard my sobriety very tightly. I’m in Italy and I am visiting family on my wife’s side for the first time and for Italians wine and other spirits are just part of the fun. Well I was hit up on what I wanted to drink and I said water and it was like they have never heard. Why can’t you drink our wine? Just take a finger taste ect. I had to make up a story and say I had hepatitis and my liver was messed up. I did have hep A&B at one time and my liver is kind of tinder due to statins I take for my blood pressure.

I couldn’t tell these people that I am a fall down drunk in recovery these past 27 years on the first meeting as they liked to drink! I didn’t an urge to drink and I kept my wits and just moved on. Point is that was a distraction I hadn’t planned on having so much power.

Never a dull moment outside my comfort zone and thankfully I have the tools to get through a hard brow beating. They seemed to enjoy my company and they seemed to accept my water deal and so it just answered itself.

avaneesh912
Forums Old Timer

Re: curve balls in the game of sobriety.

Post by avaneesh912 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:00 am

they seemed to accept my water deal and so it just answered itself.
Good deal Pos!
Show him, from your own experience, how the peculiar mental condition surrounding that first drink prevents normal functioning of the will power (Alcoholics Anonymous, Page 92)

Brock
Trusted Servant

Post by Brock » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:06 am

Really nice to hear from you positrac. We hadn’t seen you on here for a month which is not normal, last week I sent an email, just to check if you were still alive and kicking, now I know why I didn’t get a reply, you are off in Italy.

When you come back home we can restore the old account.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your stay there.
"Good morning, this is your Higher Power speaking. I will not be needing your help today."

positrac
Forums Old Timer

Post by positrac » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:23 am

Yes I am alive and well and outside of this account hiccup it is good to be back and to get back into the groove. I'd rather be doing something more productive like messing with my Mustang and or skylarking on a sunny day. Eventually I will have those luxury's
Work hard, stay positive, and get up early. It's the best part of the day.
George Allen, Sr.