you don't need to SUFFER! you can feel better faster!

Got an issue with someone or something? Want to whine a little? Here's the place to do it, or to get to know folks, or ask those questions that don't fit anywhere else.
Frihed89
Forums Enthusiast

Re: you don't need to SUFFER! you can feel better faster!

Post by Frihed89 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:14 pm

I have to admit, I had no idea what Marco was talking about. Now that I do...well, I've seen just about everything in and outside AA. Now that I understand what he was up to, I've been sober for too many days to let things like this get to me. The choice is optional. People come and go. Some stay. AA works for me.

tomsteve
Forums Contributor

Post by tomsteve » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:06 am

marco_34la@Spammer wrote: there's so much stuff that i learned about myself my brain my body my thoughts and how to take charge of them instead of the other way around. this guy taught me things and gave me homework and held me accountable and it's helped turns things around. it is a miracle? NO WAY! you have to do the work but the pay off and way out of the tunnel is much faster!! i highly recommend!! i think most of these coached do skype and phone sessions too so it doesn't matter where u live there's always a way to get some extra help!!
ya know, the program of AA taught me all of that and more.i learned more than i ever could have just by following a few simple suggestions and looking inside.and im still learning.

glad it worked for ya and hope ya decide to let us all in on what this life coach taught you. it would be interesting to know and maybe i might learn something new.
HOWEVER, i hope we dont have to pay for the information. =biggrin

PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Post by PaigeB » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:46 am

Yes! Thank Goodness AA is FREE!
Step 6 is "AA's way of stating, the best possible attitude one can take in order to make a beginning on this lifetime job... with most of them we shall have to be content with patient improvement." 12&12 Step Six, p.65