Happy Happy Happy

Got an issue with someone or something? Want to whine a little? Here's the place to do it, or to get to know folks, or ask those questions that don't fit anywhere else.
Noels

Happy Happy Happy

Post by Noels » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:11 pm

Halloah my friends :D just got back from meeting. Back with my homegroup which I left last year around this time so its really like being home again. I'm quite a bubbly joyous person in general but tonight I'm like a Bubble chocolate. (don't know if you guys have Bubbles there by you) but some may know the song ...
"Tiny bubbles (tiny bubbles)
In the wine (in the wine)
Make me happy (make me happy)
Make me feel fine (make me feel fine)
Tiny bubbles (tiny bubbles)
Make me warm all over
With a feeling that I'm gonna
Love you till the end of time
So here's to the golden moon
And here's to the silver sea
And mostly here's a toast
To you and me
So here's to the ginger lei
I give to you today
And here's a kiss
That will not fade away
this chocolate is like that song and tonight I'm like 100 bubble chocolates pressed into one chocolate and theres so many bubbles pressed together that millions of bubbles are escaping and the bubbles are inside, all around, below and above. :D so I'm walking around in bubbles :D Nope not the same as the pink cloud. I'm usually on the pink cloud. The bubble effect is more than the pink cloud :D
I'm so grateful to be an alcoholic as if I wasn't I would never have met all the wonderful people that I have in the last 17 months. Love you all and thank you for being a part of my journey.
Lotsa love and light,
xxx Noels

Duke
Forums Old Timer

Re: Happy Happy Happy

Post by Duke » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:58 pm

Thanks for sharing Noels. Your enthusiasm is infectious.
"If you are humble nothing will touch you, neither praise nor disgrace, because you know what you are.", Mother Teresa

Noels

Post by Noels » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:32 pm

Good morning Duke :D
Have an awesome day today
Mwah xxxx

positrac
Forums Old Timer

Post by positrac » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:52 am

Glad that meeting was good for your soul.

cheers.
Work hard, stay positive, and get up early. It's the best part of the day.
George Allen, Sr.

Noels

Post by Noels » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:00 pm

And a wonderful good evening to you all :D
Just got back from meeting. We had 2 celebrations tonight. A husband and wife. What an awesome sight to see! Together, beautiful, clean and sober :D
Wife was sober for 18 years when she slipped and relapsed. She received her first year chip again tonight. Husband stood strong through all of this and received his 23rd year chip with her. Cutting the cake together was almost a holy moment....

The fact that she slipped and fell back into the misery of the life that alcohol bring to a family is humbling yet inspiring as not only does it remind us to be grateful for each day walking in the Light of Sobriety, it also remind us to never give up on hope. For as long as there is hope, there are possibilities and as long as there are possibilities there is life.

I thank my Creator tonight for guiding me to the doors of AA and to this particular meeting so that I could experience the confirmation that the Miracle of Hope is still alive.

Nite nite and be blessed,
Love and Light
Mwah xxx Noels

Lali
Forums Old Timer

Post by Lali » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:00 pm

For anyone interested in trivia, Tiny Bubbles was recorded by Don Ho, a famous Hawaiian dude who was Hawaii's version of the great Elvis Presley. Hey, has anyone spotted Elvis lately? Hint: He'd be about 90 now, so he probably walks with a cane.

Noels

Post by Noels » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:19 pm

:D thanks Lali :D I didn't know that.
Nope you won't see Elvis. I keep him locked up in my basement -all to myself, :D (the real one ) :D :D :D
xxx Noels

Noels

Post by Noels » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:26 am

Wow! spent the entire day working with Rod Stewart, Eric Clapton and Air Supply as company. I have forgotten how inspiring their music is! Worked my ass off today without even noticing it :D Signing off for the night - 7.20 pm. The Honcho will be happy I'm finally stopping :lol:

Have a great evening!

mwah xxx Noels

Noels

Post by Noels » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:17 am

Heya beautiful people :) been a hectic day but nothing Rod Steward and Bon Jovi cant fix :) Almost off to meeting. Am I the only alcoholic in recovery listening to music whilst working to help me focus?
Mwah xxx Noels

PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Post by PaigeB » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:49 am

When I listen to music it is usually deafening! Hubby and I don't agree on music genre and my grand daughter asked me once, "Grandma? Can we listen to girl music?" Ohhhhh LOL. I changed from Five Finger Death Punch to Taylor Swift. All I can say is I am grateful that Lady Gaga brings it all together. Her Superbowl performance was fantastic and will go down in history as one of the best ever... I mean since the time they had Don Ho & Elvis singing Kum-by-ya back in the day!
:D :D :lol: :wink: :mrgreen: :shock:
Cling to the thought that, in God's hands, the dark past is the greatest possession you have - the key to life and happiness for others. With it you can avert death and misery for them. page 124 BB

Noels

Post by Noels » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:49 pm

:) :) :) you wont believe but I listen to a variety depending on what my needs are at that particular moment. For energy and focus at work Ive discovered Rod, Bon Jovi, Ronan Keating, Queen, Boyzone and Bryan Adams to do the thing. To clean/clear out cupboards Jim Reeves (yes, believe it or not I absolutely LOVE Jim Reeves :) work well, housework its Dolly Parton, Kenny Rogers, Don Williams, Bles Bridges ( :) :) :) yes, one of the very few Afrikaans singers I listen to occasionally and my husband and son would be absolutely mortified if they know I shared this :) ) Kerry Underwood and general country music. I find Smokie, Shania Twain, Celine Dion, BZN, Eagles, Parlotones, Kris Kristofferson .... goes with everything. Some Meatloaf songs are good and Pink Floyd still unique. Golly and what happened to Dead or Alive? For quiet but inspirational moments I enjoy Deva Premal, Shanti, pan flute, piano and some others. I am so "dating" myself with this list :lol: but I just cant get a grip on most of the latest music.

I didn't listen to music at all last year as my family would go into "fear mode" the minute I started with the tunes since it was always accompanied with my drinking. I noticed that fear was still there when I started listening to music again now that I'm sober but they slowly seem to be getting more comfortable with the music and the "sober me" as we go. I guess we never really know the damage done til we start to do things differently :wink:

Have an awesome evening and talk again soon

mwah xxx

Lali
Forums Old Timer

Post by Lali » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:42 pm

You sound a lot like me, Noels. I switch stations constantly in the car looking for the next good song whether it be Pink Floyd one minute or The Statler Brothers the next! HA!

Noels

Post by Noels » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:21 pm

:) :) :) mwah xxx