PAGE 99 OF 12X12

Got an issue with someone or something? Want to whine a little? Here's the place to do it, or to get to know folks, or ask those questions that don't fit anywhere else.
Noels

PAGE 99 OF 12X12

Post by Noels » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:21 am

Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions Page 99

Hi everyone, still busy reading 12x12. Personally I think its really a must to read the 12x12 once we've read the BB. The 12x12 simplifies the steps to me. This is a prayer I found on page 99 of the 12x12. Absolutely glorious. Is this the Step 11 Prayer?

" Lord, make me a channel of thy peace - that where there is hatred, I may bring love - that where there is wrong, I may bring the spirit of forgiveness - that where there is discord, I may bring harmony - that where there is error, I may bring truth - that where there is doubt, I may bring faith - that where there is despair, I may bring hope - that where there are shadows, I may bring light - that where there is sadness, I may bring joy. Lord, grant that I may seek rather to comfort than to be comforted - to understand, than to be understood - to love, than to be loved. For it is by self forgetting that one finds. It is by forgiving that one is forgiven. It is by dying that one awakens to Eternal Life. Amen."

Love and Light
Noelsxxx

PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Re: PAGE 99 OF 12X12

Post by PaigeB » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:33 am

Yes it is... Otherwise known as the Prayer of St. Francis.

I also love it but had a hard time committing it to memory. So I attempted to just recall the ACTION words in it. Still had trouble! I told a couple of girlfriends of mine and now they collect bookmarks or cards, etc. with the prayer on it for me! I always have a few stuck in my books!
Step 6 is "AA's way of stating, the best possible attitude one can take in order to make a beginning on this lifetime job... with most of them we shall have to be content with patient improvement." 12&12 Step Six, p.65