How I knew I found the right councilor / therapist

Got an issue with someone or something? Want to whine a little? Here's the place to do it, or to get to know folks, or ask those questions that don't fit anywhere else.
DennisD
Forums Enthusiast

How I knew I found the right councilor / therapist

Post by DennisD » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:59 am

Along with AA I've also being seeing a councilor / therapist to help me as well. I wasn't very observant at first but then today I noticed that she had the serenity prayer (in both French and English) on her wall. I was quite happy to see that I knew she would be very helpful to me. She thinks very highly of AA and believes that it is the right place for me to beat my alcoholism and learn how to live. I had a very refreshing session with her today.
I'm on my way, I'm on my way to better days, I'll find my way - Breaking Benjamin, Better Days

avaneesh912
Trusted Servant

Re: How I knew I found the right councilor / therapist

Post by avaneesh912 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:06 am

She thinks very highly of AA
She probably is one of us. My shrink was, I found that 5 years after I moved to another city. He visited the group I started acquainted with after the move.
Show him, from your own experience, how the peculiar mental condition surrounding that first drink prevents normal functioning of the will power (Alcoholics Anonymous, Page 92)

DennisD
Forums Enthusiast

Re: How I knew I found the right councilor / therapist

Post by DennisD » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:44 am

avaneesh912 wrote: She probably is one of us. My shrink was, I found that 5 years after I moved to another city. He visited the group I started acquainted with after the move.
The thought has certainly crossed my mind. I haven't seen her anywhere at any meetings but that surely doesn't mean much. Either way she's great.
I'm on my way, I'm on my way to better days, I'll find my way - Breaking Benjamin, Better Days