I ACCEPT THAT I AM HUMAN

Got an issue with someone or something? Want to whine a little? Here's the place to do it, or to get to know folks, or ask those questions that don't fit anywhere else.
Noels

I ACCEPT THAT I AM HUMAN

Post by Noels » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:01 am

Good morning everyone,
Since I started working step 4 of the program my thoughts, emotions and physical have been all over the show. :) I have been slightly bothered, felt shame, anger, depression, been much in thought, enlightened, understood then not understood .... physically I have been energetic, tired, sleep deprived, just wanted to sleep, been " just around " and :oops: even sloth like.
Through all these emotional and physical changes there was a constant knowing that its okay. That these feelings and changes are necessary, just to " go with it " as it too shall pass. That all will be revealed in good time and that nothing we experience is a waste.
Today I can share that I am at peace for I have realised that our entire purpose on this beautiful earth is to experience. To experience life in its purest form - emotionally as well as physically, the good as well as the bad for how will we know what is good if we haven't experienced the bad? How will we know whether to choose the one or the other unless we have experienced both ? Only once we have experienced both, are we enlightened/qualified sufficiently to choose which one we wish to let in and make our own. - whether to allow the good wolf to take lead or surrender ourselves to the bad .....
So from today I will not question. I will allow myself to feel everything as I am supposed to. To experience everything I am supposed to and to embrace each of those experiences as a blessing. For without these experiences I will remain an empty vessel. Without hope. Enveloped in darkness.
Thank you for letting me share.
Love and Light
Noels

avaneesh912
Forums Old Timer

Re: I ACCEPT THAT I AM HUMAN

Post by avaneesh912 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:35 am

Thats so nice Noels. Wonderful.

The last question the publisher asks Eckhart in the book Power of now is:

How will I know when I have surrendered?
When you no longer need to ask the question. (ET)
Show him, from your own experience, how the peculiar mental condition surrounding that first drink prevents normal functioning of the will power (Alcoholics Anonymous, Page 92)

Noels

Post by Noels » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:08 am

Thanks Avaneesh :D does that mean I still have to read the book :D

avaneesh912
Forums Old Timer

Post by avaneesh912 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:16 am

Its a perfect book for you. You are already a surrendered soul. It will make more sense to you when you start reading/listening to the book. When he says "Voice in the head", you can immediately identify what he is talking about. There is a chapter "Beyond happiness and Un-happiness there is peace", as you go through those chapters, you will be quickly able to understand what Bill W is talking about. Meeting calamity with serenity/being rocketed into the fourth dimension of living. And the Meaning of Surrender chapter will help you expand more and have a better understanding our our 12 steps. When we realize that we were powerless over alcohol, what happens is we let go of our old ideas and power flows through us and helps us move forward and we take action (surrendered action). Without that, the reminder of the 12 steps will become meaningless.
Show him, from your own experience, how the peculiar mental condition surrounding that first drink prevents normal functioning of the will power (Alcoholics Anonymous, Page 92)

Noels

Post by Noels » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:00 am

Mwah thank you. :D will read as soon as I have a mo. Jip, to places far and less travelled. Have you read Destiny of Souls by Michael Newton yet? That's the book that started my real spiritual search - hehehehe - came in from the back door :) been that way all my life though strangely - working from the back to the front.
Thanks Avaneesh, have a fab evening and chat again later.
mwah xxx