"Just a couple glasses of wine..."

Got an issue with someone or something? Want to whine a little? Here's the place to do it, or to get to know folks, or ask those questions that don't fit anywhere else.
Jiro
Forums Enthusiast

"Just a couple glasses of wine..."

Post by Jiro »

Oh look! A leprechaun riding a Unicorn! :mrgreen:

Brock
Forums Old Timer

Re: "Just a couple glasses of wine..."

Post by Brock »

Perhaps I am missing something, but if that's a joke I don't get it, anyhow it shouldn't be in the newcomer area, so let's move it to if it doesn’t fit anywhere else.
"Good morning, this is your Higher Power speaking. I will not be needing your help today."

Noels

Post by Noels »

Jeah Jiro. Bad joke Bro. Are you seeing pink elephants or flying pigs at the moment?

Jiro
Forums Enthusiast

Post by Jiro »

Sorry about that, guys. Didn't realize this post got filed someplace else, thought it just got deleted. Which it probably should have been. So I didn't respond.

Yeah, just a silly, and unclear, way of expressing a memory of drinking thinking. Meaning: the idea that I'll have "just a couple of glasses of wine" is about as real as a leprechaun riding a unicorn.

Here's another little metaphor -- that was "a long way to drive to find out the store's closed." Sorry for the confusion.

PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Post by PaigeB »

Oh I get it now! LOL :lol:
Cling to the thought that, in God's hands, the dark past is the greatest possession you have - the key to life and happiness for others. With it you can avert death and misery for them. page 124 BB

Db1105
Forums Contributor

Post by Db1105 »

I thought it was funny.

K225
Forums Enthusiast

Post by K225 »

"And by glasses I mean bottles."
"When you're going through hell, keep going".-Winston Churchill