Entertaining with alcohol?

Got an issue with someone or something? Want to whine a little? Here's the place to do it, or to get to know folks, or ask those questions that don't fit anywhere else.
positrac
Forums Old Timer

Re: Entertaining with alcohol?

Post by positrac » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:33 am

I hope all goes well and you can tell us of anything that grabbed your attention that might need to be worked on for future events in the social type activities.
Work hard, stay positive, and get up early. It's the best part of the day.
George Allen, Sr.

whipping post
Forums Contributor

Post by whipping post » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:31 am

Hi Noels,

I was really nervous around alcohol for over a year even though I was past the ninth step. I guess I didn't completely trust myself or the promises. I slowly allowed myself to be exposed to alcohol and found that I was fine. But I also found that I didn't really enjoy being around a lot of drinking anymore. It's just way to overstimulating. I believe you said you have worked the steps. I think you will be fine but stay vigilant and if you feel even a twinge of the obsession coming back get out of there. You are going to be sober and present for your son's birthday which is a wonderful gift. Soak it in.

Noels

Post by Noels » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:49 pm

Hi guys thanks so much. Sounds like it's set for the 26th from 4 in the afternoon. I'll definitely be on line that day with you to all. Thank you very much for all of the support advice and guidance so far. I'm ever grateful and still going to lean on you very much in the future. We will walk this path together in victory, .
Lekker slapies mwah xxx
Love and light Noels

Noels

Post by Noels » Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:21 am

Hallooooo everyone. Just checking in as promised. It's 8.35 evening here, party's in full swing. I've got all the car keys, sister is with me and I'm doing good. Hehehe the kids were very surprised when I went around and asked for keys. Seems no other parents do that. So far. so good.

Noels

Post by Noels » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:41 am

Hi friends. Day after the party. All went well. The kids were awesome and there were no problems whatsoever. Much better liquor was consumed and I'm sure there are a few lads who wished they had 'someone else's head ' today. Vodka seems to be the flavour for the youngsters and when I asked them why they said its the most affordable - a reasonably decent taste for r60 south African money. That would be around 2 euros.
Anyways thanks for the support and pray my dear friends. That we will be ready to help our youth when their time comes to enter through the doors of AA.
Thanks for all your help and guidance. Enjoy the rest of the Easter weekend.
Love and light
Noels

Noels

Post by Noels » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:44 am

Sorry not 'much better liquor ' stupid phone that assume what I want to write. Meant to say 'much liquor was consumed '

Chelle
Forums Contributor

Post by Chelle » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:05 am

Good to here Noels! Glad to hear you did your part keeping everyone safe. Our young people will drink, and it's nice you were able to give them a safe place and hang onto your sobriety! Unfortunately, some will end up in our rooms, and some will have a great memory of the party. I'm so thankful I know the solution if/when my adult daughter needs it. For now, I just lead by example...trudging the road happily :D