Seeking the truth

Got an issue with someone or something? Want to whine a little? Here's the place to do it, or to get to know folks, or ask those questions that don't fit anywhere else.
Reborn
Forums Long Timer

Re: Seeking the truth

Post by Reborn » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:13 am

I'm glad you found a new group...a home group is important to have but ultimately the fellowship will not keep you sober. I hope if you haven't already that you get into the action of working the steps with a sponsor. The spritual awakening as the result of the steps is a miracle that all of us deserve.
We have recovered, and have been given the power to help others. BB pg 132

clouds
Forums Long Timer

Post by clouds » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:08 am

I loved reading your Experience and how you see everything happening exactly as it was supposed to.
I read your metaphore of building with understanding and within only a few days you could look back and see something at work in your life from AA.

Thanks very much for sharing
" Burn the idea into the consciousness of every man that he can get well regardless of anyone. The only condition is that he trust in God and clean house." page 98 A.A.

PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Post by PaigeB » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:13 pm

Thank you my (I don't know, internet AA friends or what do I say?). You have been a part of an enormous growth experience with me so far.
Friends is cool. We are part of the same anonymous Fellowship. We are sitting next to you at a meeting and praying with you at night. Every hour, on the hour, somewhere in the world, AA's are bowing their heads together in prayer as they begin another meeting. You and I will never know if or who we help most of the time. It is as it should be I think. I am grateful to this Fellowship for saving my life and all I can do it try to pay it forward.

"When brimming with gratitude, one's heartbeat must surely result in outgoing love, the finest emotion that we can ever know."
— AS BILL SEES IT, p. 37.
Step 6 is "AA's way of stating, the best possible attitude one can take in order to make a beginning on this lifetime job... with most of them we shall have to be content with patient improvement." 12&12 Step Six, p.65

Noels

Post by Noels » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:54 pm

Thank you all. I am grateful that I have found this site. Thank you for your guidance and love. Together we will make it.
Love and light
Noels