My Story in Book - Recovery and Near Death Exp

Got an issue with someone or something? Want to whine a little? Here's the place to do it, or to get to know folks, or ask those questions that don't fit anywhere else.
Louisa
Forums Enthusiast

My Story in Book - Recovery and Near Death Exp

Post by Louisa » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:56 am

Hi all --

I worked for three years on my autobiography, which recounts my story of alcoholism, compulsion, co-dependence, sexual addiction (i.e. crush rush!) - and the slow process of overcoming my atheism to connect with a higher power that has cured me of all the above - going on 18 years, now. In my case, I had a Near Death Experience at 22, which I wrote off as a cocaine "trip." (Could that have been god? No, 'cause there wasn't one - and, besides, I had 12 more years of drinkin' and chasing 'cool' left to do.) I had no idea that "crossing over" causes paranormal side-effects for about 50% of NDEers. These would not let up - the 14 Weird Things, I call them - despite my attempts to "normalize" them or simply shut them away in denial. I finally surrendered at Weird Thing # 9, an experience that replaced whatever lip service faith had been keeping me sober 9 years with a knowledge that god is omnipresent and wants us to thrive.

It's an e-book called A Spiritual Evolution: Coming to Recognize god in All That Lives.

The book is meant to HELP both alcoholics and normies - particularly those who seek freedom from self-loathing and extreme crushes - by expressing with total honesty the thoughts of active addiction, so they can identify, and by describing with equal honesty experiences that point to a reality beyond our five senses, so they can strengthen their own connection to it through the 12 Steps.

Keep coming back!

-Louisa
Last edited by Louisa on Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:53 pm, edited 11 times in total.

jakpar
Forums Contributor

Re: My Story in Book - Recovery and Near Death Exp

Post by jakpar » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:28 am

welcome to eAA Louisa!
please look around, glad you are with us
(and perhaps check out our guidelines on outside links etc,)
Jack

"We are of service by accepting responsibility for the authority God has given us and by respecting the authority God has given to others"
Anonymous

Louisa
Forums Enthusiast

Post by Louisa » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:36 am

Thanks!

Lali
Forums Old Timer

Post by Lali » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:03 am

Louisa, as this is an outside issue, you probably won't get many responses.
Step 1: I can't
Step 2: He can
Step 3: I think I'll let him

ann2
Forums Old Timer

Post by ann2 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:52 am

Hi Louisa,

I edited out the stuff that sounded like a commercial. I think it's enough for the folk here to know the name, we're fairly adept at search engines. I do hope you feel welcome to participate in the discussions here at the e-AA forums, but what I'm reading here is an ad, which is not the purpose of our forums. I am moving this topic from the recovery area.

We're an actively moderated forum and I must warn you that continued returns to edit the site back in will not be viewed favorably.

However, I think it's very inspiring that one of us has written something on a spiritual topic, and I'd like to hear more about that, if you care to share . . .

Ann
"If I don't take twenty walks, Billy Beane send me to Mexico" -- Miguel Tejada

Louisa
Forums Enthusiast

Post by Louisa » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:02 am

No problem! I don't want to break any rules, and I do appreciate your modifying the post and relocating it to make it more appropriate for this forum. There are many subtle lines between helping and commercializing, and you guys are the guardians for that on this site.

Thanks again. :)

ann2
Forums Old Timer

Post by ann2 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:12 am

By the way, I started reading it -- it looks fantastic :-)

Think there's a lot there for me to relate to. It's very cool to find another identification experience!

Thanks, Louisa!

Ann
"If I don't take twenty walks, Billy Beane send me to Mexico" -- Miguel Tejada

Marc L
Forums Old Timer

Post by Marc L » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:13 am

Louisa wrote:Hi all --

I worked for three years on my autobiography, which recounts my story of alcoholism, compulsion, co-dependence, sexual addiction (i.e. crush rush!) - and the slow process of overcoming my atheism to connect with a higher power that has cured me of all the above - going on 18 years, now. In my case, I had a Near Death Experience at 22, which I wrote off as a cocaine "trip." I had no idea that "crossing over" causes paranormal side-effects for about 50% of NDEers. These would not let up - the 14 Weird Things, I call them - despite my attempts to "normalize" them or simply shut them away in denial. I finally surrendered at Weird Thing # 9; finally the lip service faith that had kept me sober 9 years became a knowledge that god is omnipresent and wants us to thrive.

It's called A Spiritual Evolution: Coming to Recognize god in All That Lives.

The book is meant to HELP people - particularly those who seek freedom from self-loathing and extreme crushes - by expressing with total honesty the thoughts of active addiction, so they can identify, and by describing with equal honesty experiences that point to a reality beyond our five senses, so they can strengthen their own connection to it through the 12 Steps.

Keep coming back!

-Louisa
Hello Louisa;
I'm Marc and I am alcoholic.
Pretty interesting insights on self awareness you've got there. :D
Fun stuff and I wish you continued success in your journey.
Recovery won't just happen by Osmosis. You gonna' have to work at it some.
12th Step work ain't just a job... It's an Adventure.

Louisa
Forums Enthusiast

Post by Louisa » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:34 am

Thanks, Ann! Thanks, Marc! MAN, do I love alcoholics! :D

Marc L
Forums Old Timer

Post by Marc L » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:05 pm

Beware of the Crush Rush...
Recovery won't just happen by Osmosis. You gonna' have to work at it some.
12th Step work ain't just a job... It's an Adventure.