God and AA

Got an issue with someone or something? Want to whine a little? Here's the place to do it, or to get to know folks, or ask those questions that don't fit anywhere else.

Re: God and AA

Postby Spirit Flower » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:02 am

Just write another book if you don't like the one we have.
...a score card reading zero...
Spirit Flower
Forums Old Timer

Postby Greywolf » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:04 am

Or if the book bothers you, just stay sober using the fellowship of other alcoholics and recover using Ebby's 6 step program like hundreds of recovered alcoholics did before the BB.

In the pamphlet Three Talks to Medical Societies Bill describes the 6 Step program Ebby developed in 1934 and had given to Bill.

1. Ebby admitted that he was powerless to manage his own life.

2. He became honest with himself as never before; made an 'examination of conscience.'

3. He made a rigorous confession of his personal defects and thus quit living alone with his problems.

4. He surveyed his distorted relations with other people, visiting them to make what amends he could.

5. He resolved to devote himself to helping others in need, without the usual demands for personal prestige or material gain.

6. By meditation, he sought God's direction for his life and the help to practice these principles of conduct at all times."
I don't care how much you know until I know how much you care.
Greywolf
Forums Enthusiast

Postby Kizz » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:00 am

I left meetings couple of years ago as this day an age people wouldn't or couldn't bravely enough mention God. He is clearly what all the steps are about and in step eleven it tells us we will want to call him by name and find out more about him. This is obvious we're it leads us too. In doing so I also learn that a generation would choose there God and that is not in the book A. A. It clearly means we're we actually are with him in our own personal life. Atheism is clearly against something that has to exist in the first place.
Kizz
Forums Newcomer

Postby PaigeB » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:08 am

Atheism is not against anything. I just believe in one less god than others do.

And clearly The Big Book asks us to find a Power greater than ourselves. It does not define what that god is to look like. Clearly everyone's personal understanding of HP or God is different.

It works. I have 9 years of sobriety today. :mrgreen: :arrow:
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Forums Old Timer

Previous

Return to If It Doesn't Fit Anywhere Else