FOOD FOR THOUGHT

Got an issue with someone or something? Want to whine a little? Here's the place to do it, or to get to know folks, or ask those questions that don't fit anywhere else.

Re: FOOD FOR THOUGHT

Postby Noels » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:56 pm

Morning Appreciation Prayer

I open my eyes to a new day
and whatever next will come my way
I will receive it with an open heart
knowing that each day is a new start.

Open my eyes to the little things
tickle my soul with feathery wings
Goddess and God, thanks for this day
Spirits and Angels, come my way

Joyous and free --So mote it be ...

Have a blessed day today ...
xxx Noels
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby Noels » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:01 pm

Our old enemy, self-will, used to masquerade under rationalisations like this: "Why do we need to lean on God and burden Him with our problems when He has already given us the intelligence to think for ourselves? Experience has taught us that we couldn't make any headway by relying on our own devices to bring about the results we wanted. Nothing seemed to work out; sometimes the results were disastrous. Of course we didn't blame ourselves! We thought luck was against us, or God had let us down. Things just wouldn't go our way. Now that we know we need guidance, and are willing to accept it, things are improving as we improve.
We are not self-sufficient. We don't know all the answers. The answers we get, in fact, come to us as we keep ourselves receptive for them. Guidance comes from the group, from something we read, and even from someone's word that providentially meets our need.
"God is our refuge and our strength, a very present help in trouble". ( Psalms)
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby Noels » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:37 pm

Another message from one of the groups received today and in my thinking it kinda ties in with our reflection for today especially the "being a little kinder, a little slower to anger, a little more loving makes my life better -- day by day". I'm not sure about you but when I read those words I immediately thought of "towards others" but how many times are we actually kind, respectful and loving to ourselves? That thought makes me remember the well-known words ... "we can only give others what we already have within ourselves to give ..." So lets take this week and consciously concentrate on "loving ourselves deeply with a very gentle understanding that at our core we are good, pure and worthy." After all, there is only ONE of each of us. Beautifully unique and absolutely amazing beings..... and if there's "more of you inside" well .... just look at it as "more of you to love" :D :wink: )

"Oddly enough, many of the things we learn in the fellowship add up to this : "Be good to yourself".

That's the counsel to be drawn from the fellowships reminder to live one day at a time. It teaches us to toss aside the unhappy memories of the past and to save ourselves from the pain of imagining what will happen tomorrow. We cant do anything about either one. We are being good to ourselves when we refuse to be disturbed by anything others say or do. We can do this if we remember the attacks on us only give vent to their own agonizing guilt. We're being good to ourselves when we help others and when we fill our lives with pleasant and rewarding activities.

Beginning now, right this minute, we can be good to ourselves. We will not allow ourselves to drown in the whirlpool of distressed thinking about alcoholism/addiction and its results. Confidence and hope will immunize us.

We pray for help to fulfil our responsibility to ourselves. Only then can we help others ... "

"Inhale the future without any expectation.
Hold the present and
exhale the past without regret"

Nite nite, sleep tight
Mwah xxx Noels
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby PaigeB » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:47 pm

heart emoji heart emoji heart emoji
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Postby Noels » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:30 pm

Good morning beautiful people :D Its raining here by us. A beautiful gentle, soothing rain which is really welcome after the storms we've been having. Some gorgeous words received on our group this morning which I wish to share with you :

In Life Remember ...
By Faith we Live,
By Love we Serve,
By Patience we Understand,
By Trials we gain Wisdom,
By Sharing we give Joy ...

Have a beautiful Morning today!

Mwah xxx Noels
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby Noels » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:49 pm

Good Morning Beautiful People! :D A gorgeous message received on our group this morning :

A Morning Reminder
You are a child of the Most High God
You are Amazing
You are Worthy
Your best days are still ahead of you.
You can do all things through Creator
No weapon will prosper around you
No enemy will defeat you
Creator is working everything in your favor.

Have an amazing day!
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby Noels » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:52 pm

Rules I live by ....

Ten Indian Commandments
1. Treat the Earth and all that dwells therein with respect;
2. Remain close to the Great Spirit;
3. Show great respect to your fellow beings;
4. Work together for the benefit of all mankind;
5. Give assistance and kindness wherever needed;
6. Do what you know to be right;
7. Look after the well-being of mind and body;
8. Dedicate a share of your efforts to the greater good;
9. Be truthful and honest at all times;
10. Take full responsibility for your actions.

... and a truth ... The tragedy of life is not death but what we let die inside of us while we live ...

Wishing you a day full of Love and Light!
Mwah xxx Noels
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby Noels » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:58 pm

One day it just clicks ...

You realize what's important and what isn't. You learn to care less about what other people think of you and more about what you think of yourself. You realize how far you've come and you remember when you thought things were such a mess that you would never recover.

And you smile. You smile because you are truly proud of yourself and the person you've fought to become ...

and just for fun .............. I survived addiction ... what's your super power? :lol:

Lotsa love and blessings
Mwah xxx Noels
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby Noels » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:34 pm

Good morning beautiful people!

I have two gorgeous toypoms who are with me 24/7. Although they both have their own unique personality, the one have always been different in the sense that he show his emotions, seems more clever than the average dog, smell flowers like humans do and many other things which I haven’t really noticed my other dogs doing.
He has this way that at times he simply won’t walk. Flat out point blank refuse to move an inch. Ive always looked at it as a little game he plays knowing that I’ll never leave him on his own – whether outside in the garden or the house - so I always go back for him, pick him up and carry him to wherever I am heading to.
He did the exact same thing this morning as we were heading inside after our morning meditation. This time, however, my hands were full and I was unable to turn back and pick him up immediately so I headed inside hoping that he’ll see I cant pick him up there and then and he’ll follow me inside. LOL no chance!!! I placed everything I had in my hands down and went back for him as I don’t ever want him to feel left alone.
This time however, rather than thinking it’s a little game I got the thought that its quite a nice comparison to describe Faith.
Just like my toypom knew that I would never leave him on his own, that I will always come back for him, pick him up and carry him to wherever I was heading, our faith must be so strong - instinctively knowing that Creator will never leave us. Regardless of appearances. That Creator will return to not only walk with us but to carry us to our destination as soon as Its dealt with whatever It was occupied with It at that time.

Have an awesome day filled with love, laughter, sunshine and faith, knowing that we are never alone.

Filled with Love and Light
Mwah xxx Noels
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby Noels » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:51 am

:D :D :D Here's a nice one that just came in ...

"I have come to believe that our drinking/drugging insanity is only one form of the craziness to which we in recovery are prone. I call it Insanity A. Insanity B is finding out what works for you ---- and then not doing it"

Grateful to have found the Solution and AA.

Mwah xxx
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby Noels » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:23 am

Heya everybody :D Hope you're having a good Friday. Here's a nice one that just came in which ties in quite nicely with our reflection for today :

Willing to Grow

"Many of us exclaimed "What an order! I cant go through with it"

Do not be discouraged. No one among us have been able to maintain anything like perfect adherence to these principles. we are not saints. The point is that we are WILLING TO GROW ALONG SPIRITUAL LINES. - AA p60

Thought to Ponder - Spiritual progress isn't what gets us sober. Its what KEEPS us sober ...
AA related Alconym -
S - spiritually
O- on
B - beam,
E - everything's
R - right

Have an awesome weekend!

Mwah xxx Noels
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby Noels » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:06 am

Hi everyone :D this one just came in on group and it's so true.

"There are many kinds of spiritual experience. Some are like the conversions of the great religious leaders of the past; others seem purely psychological. Some are sudden or instantaneous; others are a gradual learning experience. But all of them, whatever form they take, have one effect: They make a person capable of doing something he could not do before.

Lotsa love
Mwah xxx
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby Noels » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:13 pm

Heya beautiful people :D here's a couple of nice ones that came in on group chat :

Sunday 22 April - Faith in Action

[i]"But he will be curious to learn why his own convictions have not worked and why yours seem to work so well. He may be an example of the truth that faith alone is insufficient. To be vital, faith must be accompanied by self sacrifice and unselfish, construction action - Alcoholics Anonymous page 93

Thought to Ponder...... Faith is mighty. Action with faith is mightier
AA related Alconym -
H - Honest
O - Openminded
W - Willing

Monday - 23 April

"We ask simply that throughout the day God place in us the best understanding of His will that we can have for that day, and that we be given the grace by which we may carry it out" - Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions page 102

Still Monday 23 April ....

Why do some of us do better than others in grasping the program of recovery? Those who benefit most have the courage to face their difficulties instead of hiding them in some dark corner of their minds, to set up a gnawing sickness of spirit.
Most of us THINK we know what our problem is, but do we really? One way to discover its real nature is to write it out in detail. Putting into words on paper, where we can look at it and correct it as our attitudes change can be most helpful in making us see it clearly.
This should not be a catalog of grievances against others, but an attempt to state the problem honestly. Thus we learn that not all the difficulties were created by someone else, but ourselves too.
Listing the good and the bad elements in our situation will give us new insight.
We will begin correcting our problems by changing ourselves. We will never try to compel someone else to change, for that would help neither of us.
"Knowing that only COMPLETE HONESTY will bring us to self-understanding. We pray that God will help us guard against deceiving ourselves."

and .... Today, 24 April ...

"I'm better able to love people when the storm of my judgmental mind settles, when I understand and empathize rather than criticize and condemn ..."

Still today ... 24 April ...

[i]Are we justified in getting angry with others? Has an outburst of temper, with accusations and reproaches ever improved the situation? Hasn't such action on our part only increased our own frustration?
It is true that such explosions do give momentary relief to our pent-up feelings, but once we realise that they only make matters worse, we can persuade ourselves to channel our forces into making a constructive decision.
We can pause and think before we say anything, lest our anger turns back upon us and makes our difficulties even greater. We must realise that well-timed silence can give us command of the sitatuion as angry reproaches never can.

"Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamour and evil speaking be put away from you."

"A soft answer turneth away wrath but grievous words stir up anger"

[/i]

Nite Nite,
with Love and Light
xxx Noels
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby Noels » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:56 pm

A beautiful message received on group this morning ...

"We all have the same God, we just serve It differently. Rivers, lakes, ponds, streams, oceans all have different names, but they all contain water. So do religions have different names and they all contain truth expressed in different ways, forms and times.

It doesn't matter whether you're a Muslim, a Christian or a Jew.

When you believe in God, you should believe that all people are part of one family.

If you love God, you cant love only some of his children"
- Mohammad Ali
(My golly .... who would have thought such wise words could emerge from this dude's lips :D :D :D See ... miracles DO still happen! :D :D :D

Wishing you an awesome love filled, sunny day today!

Mwah xxx Noels
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby Noels » Thu May 04, 2017 1:12 pm

Heya beautiful people :D This made me laugh at a very stressful moment today so I thought id share it with you ...

"Recovery brought my head outta my ass. Just for today I no longer live in a world of shaitz".

Have a lovely evening,

Sleep tight,
mwah xxx Noels
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

PreviousNext

Return to If It Doesn't Fit Anywhere Else