What's the point of meetings?

Is the concept of a Home Group dying? What is a Home Group anyway? Talk about it here.

Re: What's the point of meetings?

Postby BrendaChenowyth » Mon May 21, 2018 1:57 pm

To help somebody else feel less alone.
BrendaChenowyth
Forums Enthusiast

Re: What's the point of meetings?

Postby Frihed89 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:49 am

I have an experience to add, which has a lot of meaning to me in relation to the topic. It might help someone.

I have moved around a lot in my life. In one place where I lived, there was a tough guy, a biker and a loner, who attended a lot of meanings. For a year, at least, and maybe longer (it was a long time ago), he always volunteered something like this: "You told me if I came to meetings on a regular basis, worked the program to the best of my ability, and didn't drink, I would get sober". Then he would pause and add, "...but it sure isn't work for me". Nothing else. But he kept coming back.

Then, one day, many many meetings later, and without warning, he said, "You told me if I came to meetings on a regular basis, worked the program to the best of my ability, and didn't drink, I would get sober", and then added, with a big smile,..."well it sure has worked for me". (Followed by thunderous applause and many hugs).
Frihed89
Forums Newcomer

Previous

Return to The Home Group