Multi Group Membership

Is the concept of a Home Group dying? What is a Home Group anyway? Talk about it here.

Re: Multi Group Membership

Postby Longwalker » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:26 pm

Yes it was put to a vote but he had not thought it through properly out of the 9 full time members there were only 4 there and 2 of them were long term friends
Longwalker
Forums Newcomer

Postby natsume » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:43 pm

Interesting topic. Where I am now and have been for about the past 6 months, "everybody" is generally invited to business meetings, and the business meetings I have attended, in three different groups, seem happy to have whomever can show up, and include them in votes. The attitude seems to be that you are "in" if you are there that day. I abstained from voting in one large group and took a cleaning service position, but my abstention was self-imposed. In another small group I feel is a bit more like a home group I have voted, simply because I am very clearly invited to, and in the third group, which is really becoming my home group, I also vote.

I feel a pretty strong "member" of the latter two groups, so I guess I have two home groups, really. I wasn't aware there were areas where this was not common or would be questioned.

I know a woman who has 3 secretary positions. I guess it is different every where.
natsume

Postby AlmostGone » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:35 am

I am no expert.
I am a meetings person.
I have my home group. I as all group members are a key holder. Open up as needed.
Attend and vote on group counciounce decisions.
I attend other meetings regulaly and am on ocasions invited as an "observer" at their group concionce. However dont vote.
But will help set up pack up at these groups.
I attend 8 or 9 groups on a regular basis.
Going to uo to 4 or 5 on a Sunday on my "AA days".
AlmostGone
Forums Newcomer

Previous

Return to The Home Group