Where does it say to go back to Step One?

Most of us who recovered with AA's program did so with the help of a "sponsor". But what is sponsorship? How do I get one? Who can be a sponsor? What makes a good sponsor?
lifeline
Forums Enthusiast

Re: Where does it say to go back to Step One?

Post by lifeline » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:27 am

How soon do you want to get well? Obviously, your way isn't working since 2009. There is somewhere a weak spot in your program and chances are you might discover it when you start over at Step 1. If your sponsor would follow your directions she wouldn't be of any use for you.

becksdad
Forums Long Timer

Post by becksdad » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:36 am

Wow.... I revisit steps 1,2 & 3 every day. Am I doing something wrong?

Mike O
Forums Old Timer

Post by Mike O » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:13 pm

becksdad wrote:Wow.... I revisit steps 1,2 & 3 every day. Am I doing something wrong?
Nope. Not at all, if it works for you.
I begin each day with a step 3 prayer. In order to do this I have to at least consider steps 1 and 2 again.

PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Post by PaigeB » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:30 pm

I wake up every morning and to Steps 1, 2 & 3 on the way to the coffee pot! I know I wake up everyday an untreated alcoholic, know that AA can restore me to sanity and acknowledge that I am willing to accept life on Life's terms.
Cling to the thought that, in God's hands, the dark past is the greatest possession you have - the key to life and happiness for others. With it you can avert death and misery for them. page 124 BB

becksdad
Forums Long Timer

Post by becksdad » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:14 pm

Thanks Mike and Paige..... that was kind of my point. The OP seems to have some reluctance to beginning again at step 1. And I thought, Why?

Service
Forums Contributor

Post by Service » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:49 pm

The religious outside sponsorship system makes up all kinds of things and tries to pass it off as A.A just know the institution is not doing it to hurt you but for praise

Where does it say to get a sponsor - try having friends instead !!! Hope you have the wisdom to know the difference !!