Online sponsorship

Most of us who recovered with AA's program did so with the help of a "sponsor". But what is sponsorship? How do I get one? Who can be a sponsor? What makes a good sponsor?
Oncemore
Forums Newcomer

Online sponsorship

Post by Oncemore »

Sober again after 14 years and a couple month blow out binge Day ten today need feedback from others Live pretty far from meetings and will probably lose my license Feeling very blue and ashamed I was proud of my sobriety maybe I should have been more humble Just reaching out

Brock
Forums Old Timer

Re: Online sponsorship

Post by Brock »

These things happen and we do get people relapsing, it helps others see that the maintenance of our spiritual program of action, is important to the sort of contented life which ensures alcohol does not become an option once again. So while it’s hard on the person it happens to, it also helps us all to learn from their experience.

We provide an online sponsor facility here - http://www.e-aa.org/form_sponsors.php. Maybe this can give you more direct one on one assistance, but also other members here I expect will offer their experience strength and hope. All I can offer is keep your head up, and don’t feel ashamed, things will work out. Also we have had quite a few here with court cases coming up, where they expected the worse losing license and so on, but happily they came back to report that the punishment wasn't as bad as they expected.
"Good morning, this is your Higher Power speaking. I will not be needing your help today."

avaneesh912
Forums Old Timer

Post by avaneesh912 »

I sent you a Private message with some good resources. take a look at your in box.
Show him the mental twist which leads to the first drink of a spree. We suggest you do this as we have done it in the chapter on alcoholism.(Alcoholics Anonymous, Page 92)

Oncemore
Forums Newcomer

Post by Oncemore »

Thank you both